Corey Henderson Transferring???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JB4WSU View Post
    According to Paul Suellentrop, the series has been extended. This is from Shockwaves article about Corey:

WSU and Tulsa are scheduled to play in 2016-17, the first season of a four-year extension for the rivalry, which resumed for the 2010-11 season.
    Awesome! 3 more games within a 20 minute drive, including this years! I like the match-up, it makes sense, especially with their history and proximity.
    Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• I hope we keep Tulsa on the schedule even if they fall to 350 rpi. We should be natural rivals. I wish we could get a yearly game with Cinci, Memphis and Creighton.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
        I hope we keep Tulsa on the schedule even if they fall to 350 rpi. We should be natural rivals. I wish we could get a yearly game with Cinci, Memphis and Creighton.
        I'd throw Louisville in there as well to just get the gang back together.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
          I'd throw Louisville in there as well to just get the gang back together.
          I'd be really thrilled to have them on the schedule, I just think it's more likely to get those other 3 than the ville. Who knows, maybe Pitino would want a rematch?
          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
            I'd be really thrilled to have them on the schedule, I just think it's more likely to get those other 3 than the ville. Who knows, maybe Pitino would want a rematch?
            Agreed. It would be fun. Just play in STL or something.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by shockrah View Post
              Awesome! 3 more games within a 20 minute drive, including this years! I like the match-up, it makes sense, especially with their history and proximity.
              Damn I wish that was a weekend game. I'd drive down from Wichita for that one.
              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• OT from Henderson, but here goes anyway: usually, kai, it isn't the winner who wants a rematch -- it's the guy who barely lost and thinks he could have won. Apollo Creed told Rocky Balboa that there "ain't gonna be no rematch," and there wasn't, at least until the need to keep the franchise alive with a sequel required one.

I'd love to see WSU play Louisville regularly, too. It would be a quality game for both, a good RPI game for both. But now that Pitino has managed to get his Apollo Creed slugfest victory over the Shocks, no sequel is required from his point of view -- his program is going to make the same amount of money and have the same amount of national prominence even without one. It's purely about the spirit of competition and the desire for a good test. And how often do those win out in college sports nowadays? Even if Pitino wants a rematch -- and I'll say this, I'd have more faith in him to man up than I would in anyone at The Flagship -- his athletic department would still no doubt have to feel confident it wasn't costing them money somehow.

The best chance is probably in an in-season tournament if things fall right, or courtesy of the NCAA selection committee (also if things fall right).

Comment

• Louisville's non-con schedule is trash this year...9 home games and only 3 against teams in the top 175 of last year's RPI

Comment

Working...
                  X