X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predicted record 08-09

im hoping for 20-11 but that may be unrealistic
    :wsu_posters:

Until we know our full roster (and schedule) for next year any projections are somewhat fluid.

I'm thinking more in terms of a 3 year rebuilding process thtat begins next year.

I would be satisified with the following progress over the next 3 years:

2008-09: A 0.500 season or there abouts with a 6th place MVC finish. Win one game in the MVC Tournament.

2009-10: 18-12 overall with an upper division MVC finish. Win one or two games in the MVC Tournament and host an NIT game.

2010-11: HCGM's first 20-win Shocker team in the hunt for the MVC Championship and his first NCAA appearance as a Shocker.

Thereafter, consistently compete for MVC Championships and a place in the Dance.

I won't complain if the Shocks prove these expectations to be to low.

Comment

IMO, a .500 season next year would be a major accomplishment.

I look for 2009-10 to be a huge step forward. Hawkins and Hannah will be seniors and our young players next year will be a year older.

Comment

Re: Predicted record 08-09

Originally posted by shocker0624
        im hoping for 20-11 but that may be unrealistic
        :wsu_posters:
        Hey dude, wake up!
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
        SFL is back!

Comment

Can someone recap the known non-conference games next year? What I remember...

A tournament in Orlando (or Maui) with 3 games against top notch opponents.
          Bracketbusters
          Bracketbusters return game with Northern Arizona
          Texas Tech

With these we would have approximately 5 more games. Probably against the Texas Arlington's of the world. What did I miss?
          Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
            Until we know our full roster (and schedule) for next year any projections are somewhat fluid.

I'm thinking more in terms of a 3 year rebuilding process thtat begins next year.

I would be satisified with the following progress over the next 3 years:

2008-09: A 0.500 season or there abouts with a 6th place MVC finish. Win one game in the MVC Tournament.

2009-10: 18-12 overall with an upper division MVC finish. Win one or two games in the MVC Tournament and host an NIT game.

2010-11: HCGM's first 20-win Shocker team in the hunt for the MVC Championship and his first NCAA appearance as a Shocker.

Thereafter, consistently compete for MVC Championships and a place in the Dance.

I won't complain if the Shocks prove these expectations to be to low.
            I'm with you. Turg improved the program each year he was here until his 7th season. That is pretty amazing and I would love to see Coach Marshall do the same. If that happens by him improving about 3 - 4 victories per year, I would be thrilled. What I really want is to be the kind of team that everybody is deathly afraid of in March. I hope to see improvement during each year, and improvement from year to year.

That is what I really believe Coach Marshall will make happen.

I believe Matt is a better player now than he was at the beginning of the year. I believe Gal has learned a lot, although the appilication has been limited recently. Ramon has come by leaps and bounds. Aaron is improving. Mantas would have improved a great deal if not for the injury in my opinion. J.T. has learned a lot, but now has to put it to work. How about the improvement in Lance Harris?

If J.T. is willing to do what the staff wants of him, he will become a tremendous player. He just has to apply himself and listen to what the staff tells him. If he is Ramon's back up next year and pays attention to how Ramon applies himself, he could really be something.

While I have been terribly discouraged with J.T. this year, all I have to do is to look back to Anthony Tolliver. He was so close to being dropped from the Creighton team after the 2004-2005 season, then came on to be a real force the next two years. J.T. is far more giftet than Anthony and just needs to learn to battle the way Anthony did. I sure hope the staff can manage to get that out of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth007

Bracketbusters
              Texas Tech

With these we would have approximately 5 more games. Probably against the Texas Arlington's of the world. What did I miss?
              i think you can add Wyoming to the mix. Dont we have a neutral meeting with them still?

Why cant we schedule Gonzaga or Memphis? These would be great matchups and would not hurt either team if they lost.
              ________
              How to roll joints
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

Originally posted by goshocks

Bracketbusters
                Texas Tech

i think you can add Wyoming to the mix. Dont we have a neutral meeting with them still?

Why cant we schedule Gonzaga or Memphis? These would be great matchups and would not hurt either team if they lost.
                Are you sure about Wyoming? That would mean we would play against SO in his final year. I highly doubt that would happen but I have been wrong before.
                Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

Originally posted by goshocks

Bracketbusters
                  Texas Tech

Are you sure about Wyoming? That would mean we would play against SO in his final year. I highly doubt that would happen but I have been wrong before.
                  not like he's having to come back and play at the chuck. And hell, all his prior team mates and coaches are all gone.
                  ________
                  Nevada Marijuana Dispensary
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

No Wyoming. That was a 2 year deal. One at a neutral site (in Wyoming) and one at Koch.

Comment

Next year

"A major accomplishment" to go .500 next year, Royal? Absolutely not.

I'm an optimist, it's true, but this team wasn't far from .500 this year if you remember that reversing just four results would have them at 15-15 right now. It's not hard at all to identify four games that could -- really, should -- have been won instead of lost but for some tough breaks on the court and a pile of significant and costly injuries (or in the case of Guy Alang-Ntang, death, of all things).

In addition, next year's team will be bigger, more talented, much deeper, and better suited to play the way Marshall wants; Marshall will also be better acquainted with the MVC and its quirks (e.g., the ones in striped shirts). Plus, Turgeon reached .500 in his second year starting from a lower point and with a smaller and less acclaimed (especially considering Miller's medical redshirt) group of newcomers; and no one is going to convince me that MT was or is a better bench coach than Marshall is.

So, maybe it's my optimism speaking -- no doubt KC would say so as he plays with his voodoo doll and figures out what debacle to predict next -- but with all that in mind, I will personally be surprised and disappointed if WSU is only .500 next year. And I also don't think 20 wins or an NCAA appearance are going to take as long to achieve as 1972 does.

Comment

I know we will be deeper and more talented. But as it stands right now, that depth and talent will be newcomers. I think we'll end up trading early-season losses for late-season wins, effectively the opposite of this year, but with a few more victories.

Comment

Thread is too premature until the spring recruiting period is over.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
                            Thread is too premature until the spring recruiting period is over.
                            ... and they all show up on campus. :good:
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Plus, the predictions will be different with two seven-footers walking around campus.

Comment

Working...
                              X