No announcement yet.

Predicted record 08-09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

butlers scholly had nothing to do with this year. HCGM recruited late into spring, and you have to just go out and find the best that you can. Now if these fall signings dont eventually pan out, people have a little more reason to start questioning, but at the end of the day its all about players and how they fit a coached style of play.
    ________
    Herbal Vaporizer
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

Originally posted by goshocks
      butlers scholly had nothing to do with this year. HCGM recruited late into spring, and you have to just go out and find the best that you can. Now if these fall signings dont eventually pan out, people have a little more reason to start questioning, but at the end of the day its all about players and how they fit a coached style of play.
      I'm not saying that the Butler situation could be avoided, but since it turned out that he didn't play much and then left the program, it meant that there was one less guy to have for depth in games and practice.

When you take both Butler's scholarship and the one reserved for Orukpe, you have two spots taken by guys that give you nothing.

I don't blame Marshall for doing what he did, but he was in a position where he had to gamble and it didn't pay off. Hopefully the Orukpe gamble will still pay off down the road, however.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

This is a real hard question to make a guess on at this point. We need another point guard at this point a freshman would be nice but another JUCO wouldn't hurt for next season, as coach doesn't see WP or GM as true point or real deep on the depth charts. Hopefully EO shows up, if not we need another post. Again a freshman would be nice, but most of the likely prospects appear to be JUCO players.

Another thing will be how quickly freshmen and JUCOs adjust to D1 ball. Of the players I expect to start at this point Ramon and Hawkins have played D1 ball and don't have to adjust. PG, SG, and post whether we call it center or PF doesn't matter much are questions.

I see 21-15 including MVC Tourney and NIT play.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
          I know about ifs and buts. I am a firm believer that a healthy and full team from the start would have won 18-20 games this year. Everything else is in place for success.

If healthy and full next year, I believe we will improve on that mark.
          I agree, WSU was in a lot of close games and came up empty most of the time. To me a lot of that is caused because of the players being worn down over the season. One can only speculate on how this team would have done with either Orukpe or Guy for both their abilities and (even more importantly) depth.

As always, its been a pleasure watching the Shocks. :posterwsu:

Ix

Comment

One other point I would like to mention, although I would like to see a HS point guard be added to the roster, a good JUCO PG would not be bad. It has been mentioned that there are some good HS PG's coming on that will graduate in 2010.

And that is why, besides stats, that I have a preference for Brock over Miles.

Comment

08-09: fourth place behind creighton, illinois state, and siu (big jump from last year
              09-10: fighting for the top and if we're clutch enough...NCAA tournament

maybe a little unrealistic but you never know

Comment

Originally posted by cantwaitforrecruits08
                08-09: fourth place behind creighton, illinois state, and siu (big jump from last year
                09-10: fighting for the top and if we're clutch enough...NCAA tournament

maybe a little unrealistic but you never know
                I predict your screen name will be out of date within the next 9 months! :yes:

May I suggest . . .

JustFineWithRecruits09

GonnaWinWithRecruitsIn10

RecruitsIn11WillBringATasteOfHeaven

ATrophyForTheShelvesWithrecruitsIn12

:good:

Welcome to the board!

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                  IMO, a .500 season next year would be a major accomplishment.

I look for 2009-10 to be a huge step forward. Hawkins and Hannah will be seniors and our young players next year will be a year older.
                  I think Royalshock won this prediction thread. I don't believe I ever posted a guess on what our record would be this season, but my thinking was 11-13 wins max. I'm glad I was wrong.
                  Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                  Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by capnkirk

I look for 2009-10 to be a huge step forward. Hawkins and Hannah will be seniors and our young players next year will be a year older.
                    I think Royalshock won this prediction thread. I don't believe I ever posted a guess on what our record would be this season, but my thinking was 11-13 wins max. I'm glad I was wrong.
                    Who said this year is over?

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
                      Originally posted by capnkirk

Who said this year is over?
                      That's exactly what I was thinking. We may have a few more wins before it's all over with.

:goshocks:

Comment

I'm just wondering why we haven't heard from JustFineWithRecruits09. :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                          Until we know our full roster (and schedule) for next year any projections are somewhat fluid.

I'm thinking more in terms of a 3 year rebuilding process thtat begins next year.

I would be satisified with the following progress over the next 3 years:

2008-09: A 0.500 season or there abouts with a 6th place MVC finish. Win one game in the MVC Tournament.

2009-10: 18-12 overall with an upper division MVC finish. Win one or two games in the MVC Tournament and host an NIT game.

2010-11: HCGM's first 20-win Shocker team in the hunt for the MVC Championship and his first NCAA appearance as a Shocker.

Thereafter, consistently compete for MVC Championships and a place in the Dance.

I won't complain if the Shocks prove these expectations to be to low.
                          This was a pretty good forecast also.
                          CKM '68

Comment

Working...
                          X