Eric Sexton is a legend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
    Please No! The Massachusetts Institute of Technology plays sports at the Division III level. Every other name sounds like ITT Tech, which is short for "Institute of Technological Technology Technical Institute". That's sort of like the ADAA, the "American Dodgeball Association of America". Then next thing you know, all of our games will be relegated to the Ocho.

Interesting fact: ITT doesn't stand for anything. It once stood for International Telephone and Telegraph, but that was prior to 1970 I believe.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

I think I get the Ocho. I'm good with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
        Ripemupshocks, think Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (Georgia Institute of Technology with 23,000 students) not MIT.
        Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
        Well said Aargh, importantly President Bardo is not trying to reinvent the wheel. History informs MIT admitted its first students in 1865 "...to establish an independent educational institution to address an industrializing America" and Georgia Tech, then known as the Georgia School of Technology "...opened its doors in October 1888 to 84 students." GT's creation was important to transforming an agrarian South into an industrial economy. In 1948, to reflect a growing focus on advanced technological and scientific research, the name was changed to the Georgia Institute of Technology.
        You know Shocker1976, my post was not intended to be taken to seriously. I thought my reference to the movie Dodgeball would make that obvious.
        "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
          You know Shocker1976, my post was not intended to be taken to seriously. I thought my reference to the movie Dodgeball would make that obvious.
          Apologies offered; my enthusiasm for Bardo's vision should be obvious to all SNers.

Comment

Working...
          X