Thoughts on Landry Shamet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
    That 2015-16 team had all of the bad breaks during that year. Fred was injured to start the year, Shamet was injured soon after, followed by Grady. Frankamp was ineligible for the first semester, and never gained traction that year. Any other injuries or bad things happen that year? That was a better team on paper than the year before when we went to the Sweet 16, and that team still beat a very good Arizona team (6th Seed I think) in the tourney. Grady was good early, but never really recovered to play to his capability consistently following his injury
    Give that team even a few more hours of rest to prepare for Miami after that crazy week of travel, and that would have been a different game. But God forbid, let's not make Duke play the early game on Saturday. That would hurt Coach K's feelings. We can't have that crap.

78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Give that team even a few more hours of rest to prepare for Miami after that crazy week of travel, and that would have been a different game. But God forbid, let's not make Duke play the early game on Saturday. That would hurt Coach K's feelings. We can't have that crap.
      Yup, 3 games in 5 days and still nearly pulled it off. They just ran out of gas and what's his name from Miami hit shots he would never hit again in his life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yup, 3 games in 5 days and still nearly pulled it off. They just ran out of gas and what's his name from Miami hit shots he would never hit again in his life.
        Freaking Angel Rodriguez!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Not to be confused with Joey Rodriguez, from VCU. Another Shocker killer.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I hate him. Athletically, that is.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I seem to remember WSU (led by Shamet) beating a really good Dayton team in a borderline road game then dropping a heartbreaking 3 point game against a Kentucky team (in what was essentially a road game) with not one, not 2 but THREE current NBA STARTERS and Landry had a little something to do with keeping WSU in the game. Am I remembering that correctly WuShock16 ? I don't remember feeling embarrassed or thinking the team was embarrassed.
              That just about covers it. That really was a fun trip. I hope you and I can do that again someday.
              78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I view Cliff in a different way. For the players who's jerseys hang, Cliff is the outlier. He never got a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd from any of the major national awards: NCAA, USBWA, AP, NABC, and the Helms (while it was consider a major). The other 4 whose jerseys hang have a total of 13. Ones who have not yet had their jerseys hung, Early has 3 and VanVleet has 1. Also, McBurney was a Helms AA.

Add: Just as Cliff got in as teammate of AC and X, Ron may get in as teammate of Cle and Fred.
                Cliff never played with x. X came in what would have been cliffs senior yr.

Cliff did help get us to the sweet sixteen. He and Antoine were s&s preseason all Americans going into their junior year I believe.

Shamet is great, but doesn't deserve a spot in the rafters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Cliff never played with x. X came in what would have been cliffs senior yr.

Cliff did help get us to the sweet sixteen. He and Antoine were s&s preseason all Americans going into their junior year I believe.

Shamet is great, but doesn't deserve a spot in the rafters.
                  Wrong. X’s freshman season was Cliff’s and Antoine’s junior season. Cliff left the following offseason.

78-65

Comment

Wrong. X’s freshman season was Cliff’s and Antoine’s junior season. Cliff left the following offseason.
                    Hence “which one of you is gonna sit on the bench?”
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Thanks, WuShock16 . Always remember X's statement after Cliff left after his junior year: I'll make you forget about Cliff.

Comment

I distinctly remember a pre-season interview with Gene where he said he had a freshman that he was going to have a hard time keeping out of the starting lineup. I thought, "Over AC or Cliff? What's he smoking?" Later, I saw why.

Comment

Working...
                        X