Why Marshall Won't Leave WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
    There are a LOT of experts on this forum when it comes to the inner workings of the Texas athletic department. Didn't realize they had such a big payroll. Lol ;)

Honestly though, when it comes down to it...none of us know anything.
    We know what Rick Barnes told us about the inner workings, and it didn't paint a pretty picture.

Comment

• Originally posted by tw805 View Post
      We know what Rick Barnes told us about the inner workings, and it didn't paint a pretty picture.
      Lol well that is one side of the story by a guy that just got fired. What else do ya have?

Gene Stephenson doesnt paint a pretty picture about WSU inner workings either. Just ask him
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerHoops View Post
        All you glass-half-full people can live in your fantasy world. We'll just see which of #s 1-5 above do not actually happen when Marshall leaves.

Gregg Marshall has always fed us (on Jim Rome and other shows) this line about how important John Kresse and his philosophies have been in his life and decision making as a coach. We'll see if it was all a bunch of talk or if he sticks to what he says.

I've always said Marshall would stay for one more year due to the senior seasons for Wessel, FVV, and Baker. But now that the Texas job has opened up, it changes everything.
        What would a guy know when his glass is full of Boones Farm.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
          SHOCKERBPELLI WAS KELLEN ALL ALONG!!
          Haha you can all rest assured they are not the same guy. I know exactly who B. Peli(schek) is. His real name is enough part of that screen name and he's posted enough specific things for me to put the pieces together.

As far as Kellen goes, I do wonder if he's around here sometimes. Now I'm ready for another witch hunt!

Comment

There are a LOT of experts on this forum when it comes to the inner workings of the Texas athletic department. Didn't realize they had such a big payroll. Lol ;)

We know that they have tremendous recruiting, the most money in all of college athletics, they are THE school in the second biggest state in the country which BLEEDS high school/college athletics, and they can't win. At anything but baseball.
            Originally posted by BleacherReport
            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
              It's between shaka and Gregg...
              You are.. the worst.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                We know that they have tremendous recruiting, the most money in all of college athletics, they are THE school in the second biggest state in the country which BLEEDS high school/college athletics, and they can't win. At anything but baseball.
                Too much of a good thing.
                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  You are.. the worst.
                  http://collegespun.com/big-12/texas-big-12/report-shaka-smart-gregg-marshall-leading-candidates-to-replace-rick-barnes-at-texas

Just facts baby

Comment

• I just don't get the Texas thing. It's Alabama on steroids. Alabama was never gonna be a place Marshall would go. Texas has money but again... football school. Second fiddle. The way they handled the previous coaching position. If Marshall gets paid $4 million a year, he's going to be expected to make Final Fours every year. Making 16 out of 17 NCAA Tournaments isn't gonna cut it. Fan support is abysmal. Only upgrade would be in pay, conference affiliation, and closer to the Texas recruiting lines, oh and Austin, if Marshall is into that type of atmosphere.

I just don't see it. I don't think of Texas and think of basketball. That's something Marshall has stressed very badly - basketball FIRST.

Some of you "fans" are embarrassing.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Lived in Houston since 1997. Prior to that, lived in Austin for six years. Worked for the state. Know many Texas alums.

I have seen and read in the Austin American Statesman how alums and influential donors meddled in the fb program.

I also saw the way they railroaded Mack, coach Gus, rick Barnes. Not hard to see when you live here for a few years.

Let's start with Phil Sims throwing a fit when Mack threatened to bench his son. Kinda like CF except on steroids.

Great qb from Lousiana benched b/c daddy threw a fit in front of regents. Crap like that happens everyday in Austin.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        You are.. the worst.
                        http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaab/eye-on-college-basketball/25127876/report-wichita-states-gregg-marshall-eyes-texas-job

More facts

Comment

• If this were in the Statesman, or maybe the Eagle, I moght believe it. I don't think anyone @ CBS sports has insight into Marshall. If they did, why does Parrish, Gottlieb and that ditz chick (Allie Force) seem so clueless at times.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                            If this were in the Statesman, or maybe the Eagle, I moght believe it. I don't think anyone @ CBS sports has insight into Marshall. If they did, why does Parrish, Gottlieb and that ditz chick (Allie Force) seem so clueless at times.
                            It's just news... But where there's smoke ....

Comment

... There's also mirrors

Comment

Smoke don't mean nothin' no more.

I learned that following Missouri State and their annual changing conference threads. They always started the same way, someone floated a trial balloon that the bears were jumping to C-USA, the American or Sun Belt. Then the smoke and fire comment would come out. In the end, it was always just smoke, smoke flying out of someone's ass.

Don't believe the smoke and fire crap. Everyone needs to wait, relax and wait for announcements.
                                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Working...
                                X