No announcement yet.

Why Marshall Won't Leave WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually, I feel like I'm in the movie "War Games" where the computer shows simulated missiles flying everywhere. I'm just waiting for that lone airman to say " Yeah, were here, Jesus H Christ, we're still here".
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
      Has anyone ventured over to a VCU board to see if idiots over there are confirming things that haven't happened yet as well?
      No, but I have checked and there are no, at this time at least, scheduled flights from Austin to Wichita or vice versa. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
        ADJS
        Not sure what your point is other than ADJS is no longer our AD. However, the fact remains that WSU does have a relatively recent history of hiring a head basketball coach after only 1 year of head coaching experience. Now, Chris Jans may say he feels he owes more to BGSU and would not leave at this point.

However, I am sure if Chris new 3G was leaving in a year he would have just hung around for another year unless he was told he would not be considered for the head coaching position at WSU which I seriously doubt was the case.

Of course, this is all mute if 3G decides to stay at Wichita State.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Not sure what your point is other than ADJS is no longer our AD. However, the fact remains that WSU does have a relatively recent history of hiring a head basketball coach after only 1 year of head coaching experience. Now, Chris Jans may say he feels he owes more to BGSU and would not leave at this point.

However, I am sure if Chris new 3G was leaving in a year he would have just hung around for another year unless he was told he would not be considered for the head coaching position at WSU which I seriously doubt was the case.
          My point is ADJS is one of the best there is. Brought in Lamb, Marshall, and Adams.

ADES has only made one hire. It remains to be seen how that will turn out.

If ADJS was still here, I would feel a lot better. I hope ADES can make the great hire, if it comes to it.
          The Assman

Comment

ADJS
            My thought too, would feel much better if we had ADJS going into this. Not sure what to expect from ADES?

Comment

• I came to this board the night that Turgeon flew to College Station. Do we still have someone here that tracks flights and all that jazz? That'd be great.
              "Say it slowly and savor it..."
              Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxtastic View Post
                No, but I have checked and there are no, at this time at least, scheduled flights from Austin to Wichita or vice versa. LOL
                they're on to you. They're driving. Besides, driving saves money to spend on coach salary. (sarcasm face)

Comment

• Any flight for job discussions took place a several days ago.
                  “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                    Any flight for job discussions took place a several days ago.
                    The team played Thursday, got back Friday, how many days ago do you believe said flights took place?

Comment

My point is ADJS is one of the best there is. Brought in Lamb, Marshall, and Adams.

ADES has only made one hire. It remains to be seen how that will turn out.

If ADJS was still here, I would feel a lot better. I hope ADES can make the great hire, if it comes to it.
                      I agree that if ADJS was here I would feel better, but the point of my post had nothing to do with that. I was simply pointing out that WSU has, in fact, previously hire a head basketball coach after only 1 year of head coaching experience at a new school.

As far as ADES having made only 1 hire I assume you are referring to Todd Butler. And yes the jury is still out on that but the start has not been good. However, that is not the only head coaching hire ADES has made. His 1st hire has been very successful winning 5 consecutive Valley championships and making 5 consecutive NCAA appearances coming into this year. His 2nd hire was the 1st coach to win a Valley championship in her sport but whether that success can be sustatined remains to be seen. I believe Todd Butler was his 3rd hire.

Of course, ADJS made numerous outstanding hires including those that you mentioned including Tim Walton although ADJS did swing and miss on a couple of softball coaches before and after Tim Walton.

ADES has done a good job of maintaining stability among WSU head coaches. However, clearly job number 1 at Wichita State is making sure the men's basketball team is in good hands and operating at a high level. Everything else pales in comparison.

Hopefully, ADES can keep 3G in the fold. In not, then he has the biggest test of his tenure by far on his plate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                        Underwood has two seasons as a head coach. At 51. Long way from a proven track record, IMO.
                        This. I still believe we have a good shot at holding on to HCGM, but, if not, Underwood should not happen. His 2 year success at SFA is almost completely with Danny Kaspar's guys. Kaspar was 26-3 his last year at SFA (13 years all together) and this is Underwood's 1st head gig.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxtop View Post
                          The team played Thursday, got back Friday, how many days ago do you believe said flights took place?
                          D/S=T

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                            This. I still believe we have a good shot at holding on to HCGM, but, if not, Underwood should not happen. His 2 year success at SFA is almost completely with Danny Kaspar's guys. Kaspar was 26-3 his last year at SFA (13 years all together) and this is Underwood's 1st head gig.
                            A couple names I saw listed for the Tenn (which is not as good a job as WSU right now):
                            Richard Patino
                            Chris Holtmann

I wonder if either would consider WSU? Both are obviously well under the importance of keeping HCGM right now.
                            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
                              there was a flight from Austin to Jabara on Thursday, but we were in Cleveland on Thursday.
                              Most initial interviews would not be in Austin but a family visit likely would be direct. Lots of airfileds around Texas Hill Country. No, I am saying HCGM is taking the Texas job.

Comment

• He is as good as gone in my opinion. You don't turn down that kind of opportunity. WSU is a great place to be, but can't hang with UT on this one.
                                Last edited by LSUshock; April 2, 2015, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X