No announcement yet.

Why Marshall Won't Leave WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes on Jans. Gets my vote! Was awesome getting the program up to where I (we) always thought it should be!!!! No hard feelings whatsoever should Marshall take that Texas job. I'd say it's 50-50 chance he goes but wouldn't be at all surprised to see him stay a Shocker for life.

Opinion...I just can't see Marshall coaching 5 star athletes. He just seems to thrive as the underdog guy. That's his bread and butter.
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• If Alabama opens the bidding at 3 million and Texas and Bama get in a bidding war, it could get up to 5 million pretty quick. I'm starting to get a lot more worried than I was yesterday.

Comment

• The one biggest hope I have is I think HCGM really wants to win a NC at Wichita. That would be so much more of an accomplishment at WSU than at Texas or Alabama. I could see him staying for just that reason.

Comment

• I was on the texas board and some guy posted this please somebody tell me its not true and that its just some troll, I'm starting to lose all hope

Per @georichutathletics: got some inside info concerning gregg marshall coming to coach at ut, and its looking as if its all but done in regards to him becoming the coach. Contract will start him off at 4.5 mill including a lengthy contract and other incentives. Announcement expected to be made by Tuesday.
          Last edited by shoxrox89; March 29, 2015, 06:01 AM.
          Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

• This is really starting to worry me. Knowing Texans, it really has to eat them that they are Kansas b*^%h in basketball. WSU just beat Kansas with 2 star recruits. Imagine what they are fantasizing HCGM could do to Kansas with HCGM having his choice of Texas top recruits.

Comment

• Bobby Hurley will be our next coach with Doug Gottlieb as lead assistant ...Book it.:eagerness:

Comment

• Gottlube as an assistant- I would cut my wrist.

Comment

• it would be a solid hire....lol

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post
                    I was on the texas board and some guy posted this please somebody tell me its not true and that its just some troll, I'm starting to lose all hope

Per @georichutathletics: got some inside info concerning gregg marshall coming to coach at ut, and its looking as if its all but done in regards to him becoming the coach. Contract will start him off at 4.5 mill including a lengthy contract and other incentives. Announcement expected to be made by Tuesday.
                    I'm skeptical. Wouldn't that make Marshall the second highest paid coach in NCAA basketball?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
                      I'm skeptical. Wouldn't that make Marshall the second highest paid coach in NCAA basketball?
                      That would put him at #5 behind K, Calipari, Pitino, and Self.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

I think Bill Self is 4th at 5 million. Tom Izzo is 5th at 3.7 million.

Source

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                          I think Bill Self is 4th at 5 million. Tom Izzo is 5th at 3.7 million.

Source
                          Wild. In other news, I feel poor.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post
                            I was on the texas board and some guy posted this please somebody tell me its not true and that its just some troll, I'm starting to lose all hope

That winds up being $86,000 per week - ain't gonna happen because Lynn Marshall does not look good in orange T-shirts . . .
                            (O.K. - Lynn Marshall looks good in anything - got carried away).
                            If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

Wild. In other news, I feel poor.
                              When you write out 5,000,000 you realize that's a bunch of zeros. Then you realize NCAA execs are making a ton of money too. Then you realize the actual product, the players, are the ONLY ones without guaranteed four year contracts, buy-outs, salaries, and the only ones without the ability to profit on their likeness. Coaches can all pursue any sponsorships they want.

I don't know that I have a solution, but it makes you think something is fishy!

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
                                I think we can get a higher caliber with a proven track record... Just saying it's attainable
                                If, and I mean if, Marshall leaves, I'm fairly certain there are a high number of the big donors who will want Jans. They love the guy. Hire Jans, keep Heier, and keep the continuity of what we have. Many of the big time recruits we have had have been because of those two guys. And there are many in the know that say from a strategy standpoint, Jans was the guy who stirred the drink.

Jans was in Cleveland this weekend. It was like a long lost son had finally returned home. The donors love the guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X