No announcement yet.

Why Marshall Won't Leave WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony Grant & Rick Barnes & Pitinos son..i personally think everyone will be back for one last horray.... But this Texas job is a lIttle intriguing because the big 12 is so over rated...Gregg could be top 3 every year no sweat... Bill self is not bRinging in consistent final 4 or anything...gregg might feel he can handle the challenge

Comment

• If Marshall were to leave, don't think Sexton would have a difficult task. One phone call to Chris Jans should do the trick.

Comment

• Brad Underwood won't let any of this happen.

Originally posted by ShockerHoops View Post
        Been a great couple days for Shocker fans. We lose to Notre Dame. Two days later, Notre Dame loses to Kentucky. Same day, Texas job is open and "sources" told Yahoo Sports that Marshall has had his eye on the Texas job.

So what happens with Marshall leaving for Texas?
        1. Marshall takes his coaching staff with him.
        2. Marshall takes his WSU recruits to Texas with him (Hamilton, McDuffie, Taylor, Frankamp, Shamet).
        3. With Marshall gone, Fred VanVleet and Ron Baker go pro.
        4. WSU next year is left with a skeleton crew headed by Evan Wessel and some sophomores (Shaq Morris, Rashard Kelly, Zach Brown, Ria'n Holland, Corey Henderson. Some of these players may even transfer elsewhere).
        5. WSU program is ushered back into the Stone Age of basketball with a major rebuilding project.

Ah, times are good for WSU basketball. Amazing that a week ago, I was on the top of the mountain as a fan, having beaten KU to go to the Sweet Sixteen. Now, the Marshall regime is over and it's time to rebuild, again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurley View Post
          If Marshall were to leave, don't think Sexton would have a difficult task. One phone call to Chris Jans should do the trick.
          I think we can get a higher caliber with a proven track record... Just saying it's attainable

Comment

• It is an interesting thought that Texas is not nearly as desperate as Alabama. Texas has ungodly resources, but the real question is will they use them on Marshall if they feel they can get a coach who is of similar pedigree for a million or two less? Barnes only made $2.5 million, which is not much more than what Marshall is making now. How much higher is Texas willing to go? If it's $5 million, that would be hard for HCGM to turn down, but if it's only $3ish, this may actually be a fight we can win.
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
              I think we can get a higher caliber with a proven track record... Just saying it's attainable
              Jans
              Moton NCCU
              White LaTech
              Underwood SFA (McPherson native, but also played at KSU and u know it won't be too long before they are looking again).
              Prohm Murray State

I bet that Underwood, White, and Prohm will all be at least mentioned as possibilities for the SEC jobs.

That's who I would look at. Too bad Cooper sort of struggled last few years.

Comment

• Charlie Strong has a $5 million a year salary. No way they pay a hoops coach near that much!! They go no higher than 2.7 if even that for a coach with Marshall's credentials.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta town View Post
                  Jans
                  Moton NCCU
                  White LaTech
                  Underwood SFA (McPherson native, but also played at KSU and u know it won't be too long before they are looking again).
                  Prohm Murray State

I bet that Underwood, White, and Prohm will all be at least mentioned as possibilities for the SEC jobs.

That's who I would look at. Too bad Cooper sort of struggled last few years.
                  How can you get excited about anyone of those? All are a huge step down. We are keeping Marshall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                    How can you get excited about anyone of those? All are a huge step down. We are keeping Marshall.
                    Every attainable coach in the country would be a huge step down potentially
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Lol, I didn't claim any too be as good as Marshall.

Comment

• Underwood would be the closest thing to Marshall coming out of Winthrop. Most wins for any coach in NCAA history first two years head coach. Just a older verson already in his 50's. Would defiantly be at the top of the list.

Comment

Tommy Amakar?

Didn't cut it at Michigan but has done very well at Harvard (all things considered)
                          The Assman

Comment

• Given that Jans was the first choice for us if Marshall left for NC State, I want him. No doubt in my mind.
                            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                              Given that Jans was the first choice for us if Marshall left for NC State, I want him. No doubt in my mind.
                              how is Jans looked at recruiting wise? I am all for it as I have a strong feeling Jans did a really good job game planning for Marshall his years here and would be a solid hire.

Just checked his win/lose as a head coach on wikipedia and he won 75% of his games as a head coach. I know he helped get some pretty good players here and has a possible pipeline from chipola j.c.?

Comment

• Meh. He ain't gone yet. Talking about the possibilities of other jobs is one thing. Finding his replacement while he is still our coach is another lol.

But I agree, we will be fine no matter what. A lot of good coaches out there. And the one we have now is one of the best.
                                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X