Why Marshall Won't Leave WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shock View Post
    lol you guys. You are some nervous nelly's. Is @WuDrWu: nervous? Because that is the only way I would be.
    No vote of confidence yet.

Probably waiting for everything to shake out.
    The Assman

Comment

Whether he leaves or stays... This program is built to get another coach of equal or better caliber... This is directly due to Gregg Marshals success

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
        Whether he leaves or stays... This program is built to get another coach of equal or better caliber... This is directly due to Gregg Marshals success
        +1000000000

Except for the "or better caliber". Not sure that is possible imho
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I can understand him going to Texas based on the recruiting and they did stick with Barnes for a while. Alabama I wouldn't understand the appeal to him. Either way WSU will be fine.

Comment

Hate to hear this sad news... But I just see him taking the Texas job... He's done the most he cards he could pick up...we will have lots of coaches wanting to take over the cupboard in this Gregg's kitchen

Comment

Marshall deserves to do whatever he thinks is best for his family. If he goes to Texas then Texas will become my second favorite team. If he goes to Texas then the Shockers just have to hire some hotshot younger coach.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                lol you guys. You are some nervous nelly's. Is @WuDrWu: nervous? Because that is the only way I would be.
                Radio silence from WDW...
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by Breakfast View Post
                  Marshall deserves to do whatever he thinks is best for his family. If he goes to Texas then Texas will become my second favorite team. If he goes to Texas then the Shockers just have to hire some hotshot younger coach.
                  Bobby Hurley?

Markis McDuffie would like that.
                  The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                    I hope there is an auction going on right now and that we are still in it.
                    If Koch can muster up a few more million than who knows?

Comment

• Originally posted by Metalkatz View Post
                      If Koch can muster up a few more million than who knows?
                      Pennies.
                      The Assman

Comment

• I don't doubt WSU could pay marshall what he wants. But remember next year starts the paying players their full scholarship. Will WSU have the money on that end to pay the athletes their full amount? I haven't see any stories indicating they are going to do that. Now they don't have to pay everyone but it'd be hard to pay only a couple players and not pay some others especially if a bigger school is offering their full ride amount. I hope he stays. He has plenty of reasons to stay but Texas is a great opportunity and could be hard to pass up.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox2k2 View Post
                          I don't doubt WSU could pay marshall what he wants. But remember next year starts the paying players their full scholarship. Will WSU have the money on that end to pay the athletes their full amount? I haven't see any stories indicating they are going to do that. Now they don't have to pay everyone but it'd be hard to pay only a couple players and not pay some others especially if a bigger school is offering their full ride amount. I hope he stays. He has plenty of reasons to stay but Texas is a great opportunity and could be hard to pass up.
                          Paranoia in reference to cost of attendance (COA) is highly overwrought. I did that math on it a couple of months ago and figured a cost increase of a few hundred thousand (in an athletic department with a budget of $23M). Most SASO members today got a letter in the mail stating COA will increase WSU AD expenses an estimated $275K to $325K, hence SASO dues will increase a nominal amount to cover such.

COA impacts are nothing to be concerned about at WSU in the slightest.

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
                            Hate to hear this sad news...
                            Are you aware of some information the rest of us are not? If not, then you may want to consider a different tense to your comments.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                              Pennies.
                              Why can't we just give coach a 20 nil signing bonus!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                                Why can't we just give coach a 20 nil signing bonus!
                                Mil

Comment

Working...
                                X