The Trend: What's next

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan View Post
    Totally agree, KU would kill to have Baker/Vanvleet in their backcourt. That said, we have to work extra hard to find the unheralded guys. It would be nice to be able to have a better pick of the crop, yet continue to mine for undisovered talent. Sending more guys to the NBA will help, just a matter of time.
    And yet their backcourt is a bunch of 4-5* guys. I'm with @wu_shizzle:, give me the guys who produce in college, not the High School All-Stars that peak at 17.

Comment

I want a lunker (as cold would say).
      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
        These past couple years have been very memorable. The Final 4 run, Going undefeated in the regular season, Frankcamp transfers to WSU, WSU knocks ku out of the ncaa tournament.. What happens next? I feel there's nothing more we can really do to ku and just to make it clear, I thought I'd never get a chance to say that. What could possibly be left for us wsu fans to fathom that seems impossible for this program? Winning the national championship ranks up there I think.. Calapari schedules us to a home and home and we take the series. That's all I can really come up with.
        I just realized another thing to add to the list.

Improving the rest of the MVC. With all the talk about Anthony Grant and thinking about how much I want him at Missouri State or SIU or basically anywhere... it dawned on me that Marshall making connections throughout the NCAA may result in some good coaches coming here. Grant is looking for a job. If he really is friends at all with Marshall, Gregg may have mentioned the idea of coaching here to Grant. You never know.

I'd like to think that HCGM and Jacobsen have a bit of a goal to get this here MVC humming rather than leave at the first chance. Having top notch coaches anchor your conference may lead to other good coaches coming in.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
          I just realized another thing to add to the list.

Improving the rest of the MVC. With all the talk about Anthony Grant and thinking about how much I want him at Missouri State or SIU or basically anywhere... it dawned on me that Marshall making connections throughout the NCAA may result in some good coaches coming here. Grant is looking for a job. If he really is friends at all with Marshall, Gregg may have mentioned the idea of coaching here to Grant. You never know.

I'd like to think that HCGM and Jacobsen have a bit of a goal to get this here MVC humming rather than leave at the first chance. Having top notch coaches anchor your conference may lead to other good coaches coming in.
          This is ideal. Wardle seems like an excellent hire and I can't say I'm disappointed with Mueller, Lansing or Moser at this point. Simmons is okay. Lusk and Hinson are bad right now. Gia seems like someone that could make things happen if he gets some traction.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
            This is ideal. Wardle seems like an excellent hire and I can't say I'm disappointed with Mueller, Lansing or Moser at this point. Simmons is okay. Lusk and Hinson are bad right now. Gia seems like someone that could make things happen if he gets some traction.
            I don't know that I would rate Marty Simmons as high as okay. Where will Evansville be after next year post-Balentine and Mockevicius?

Comment

That's one of the things I love about WSU. We usually get the less heralded recruits, but we always perform and compete. I also don't think the rankings matter too much because it seems like they don't base it off of college readiness as much as athleticism and height.

Comment

My biggest wish besides winning or playing in a National Championship game is for the Wichita St. fans to be able to enjoy high-level out of conference games at Koch Arena. Just in that region it would be nice to see home and homes with the likes of Oklahoma, Iowa St. Texas, Missouri, etc. It seems like it's been a while since a Big-12 team came to Koch. Then in the same year...get lucky and have a Gonzaga, or Michigan or UCLA or Wisconsin come into Koch. I realize all the problems associated with getting those games...but just simply for the pure joy of watching the game of basketball...and NOT having to wait 'til March to see it. The Shocker fans deserve that since like yesterday.

Also...it would be super AWESOME to have a SUPER legitimate 6'-9" guy that you could go to when needed!!!!
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                X