The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
    Swinging for the fences and accidentally bunting in the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
      Pfft... please.

Pig-In Pig-Out
      Maybe just did the BBQ round trip and tried them all? Didn't actually talk with Marshall .. just spent the day trying BBQ. Just trying to figure out what Wichita has that he can bring to Alabama since Marshall said no to his money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
        @bob:lutz: Reading tea leaves: Alabama AD spending eight hours with Marshall in Wichita really puts the Tide out there. Won't look good if no deal.

The mountain came to Mohammed...
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Slight of hand by Battle. Marshall says no so he tells everyone he is going after Pitino...fails to mention it is baby Pitino.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBlue View Post
            Slight of hand by Battle. Marshall says no so he tells everyone he is going after Pitino...fails to mention it is baby Pitino.
            Maybe Battle spent yesterday talking with Kellen.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Maybe Battle spent yesterday talking with Kellen.
              Kellen has mentioned that he wanted to coach someday!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                Kellen has mentioned that he wanted to coach someday!
                Battle: Ladies and Gentlemen we have hired Marshall......Kellen Marshall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                  Maybe just did the BBQ round trip and tried them all? Didn't actually talk with Marshall .. just spent the day trying BBQ. Just trying to figure out what Wichita has that he can bring to Alabama since Marshall said no to his money.
                  Hmmm lets see a couple of hours from KC BBQ or Alabama, do they even know what BBQ is?
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by dahill2424 View Post
                    Breaking news: I just ate at an Alabama barbeque restaurant, and it was terrible--definitive proof that Marshall is not going to Alabama.
                    Birmingham has some good bbq. I worked there temporarily for a couple of months a few years ago. You have to get used to the fact that they don't serve brisket (usually pulled pork or ribs). Also, their meat is hickory smoked.

As for me, I prefer pecan/oak combo and NO pulled pork.

Comment

• Alabama - a hot, sticky, smelly basketball wasteland

Curious about what the next head coach of the Tide has to look forward to? Aside from mosquitoes the size of hummingbirds, humidity so draining it forces 15-year-olds to take daily 3 hour naps, and a parade of folks driving cars with confederate flags on the roof shouting "FREEBIRD!", it could be summed up in one pop-culture word: Meh.

Coleman Coliseum before the Tennessee game.

Cue the chirping crickets...

Here are the yearly attendance numbers for the basketball arena which has a capacity of 15,383:

1978 9,422
                      1979 11,235
                      1980 9,033
                      1981 7,756
                      1982 10,657
                      1983 11,075
                      1984 8,524
                      1985 7,979
                      1986 8,434
                      1987 10,907
                      1988 6,834
                      1989 11,101
                      1990 10,658
                      1991 12,448
                      1992 10,638
                      1993 9,161
                      1994 8,510
                      1995 8,567
                      1996 7,801
                      1997 8,378
                      1998 5,752
                      1999 7,258
                      2000 8,257
                      2001 10,444
                      2002 9,834
                      2003 11,778
                      2004 9,683
                      2005 10,958
                      2006 10,503
                      2007 10,285
                      2008 10,369
                      2009 9,960
                      2010 10,945
                      2011 10,983
                      2012 12,484
                      2013 11,159
                      2014 10,754

Comment

• Looks like Bama hoops enjoyed the 90's about as much as we did, though I'm fairly certain we still filled more than 75% of our seats.

Comment

• It's a shame a SEC school can't fill this stadium... More then anything winning aside... They want Marshall to fill this crap hole to the top... Doing so at a football school will be tough.. Especially when the place looks like a funeral home..m

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                            Birmingham has some good bbq. I worked there temporarily for a couple of months a few years ago. You have to get used to the fact that they don't serve brisket (usually pulled pork or ribs). Also, their meat is hickory smoked.

I don't think I can trust a man that says no to pulled pork.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post

Does this take you out of the running for their new head coach?

Comment

• How much does it **** with your atmosphere when you sell basketball tickets as part of the football package to people who only want to drive across the state for Saturday football games and not Tuesday games against Vandy?

Comment

Working...
                                X