The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
    My group is called the "$2 Nassau Nine." You always have a standing invitation to play, as long as you can afford the .50 cent greenies.
    Holy crap! That IS the high rollers! Too rich for my blood...

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
      Holy crap! That IS the high rollers! Too rich for my blood...
      Word...bring on your Titleist Balatas and lets tee it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
        Word...bring on your Titleist Balatas and lets tee it up.
        Yeah, probably should leave my range balls in the bag... except for "over water" shots!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
          And why Friday? Seems like Alabama would be wasting a lot of valuable time in contacting another potential candidate if Marshall passes.
          After reading the article earlier discussing the internal process the Marshall's went through with California (accountant, etc.) I see them as taking their time before making any rash decisions. After all, they are in the driver's seat; no time frame for them! If what I saw earlier is true, they are given until Friday and may take that long. Oh, well. It's just my blood pressure...

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
            Yeah, probably should leave my range balls in the bag... except for "over water" shots!
            No worries...my group has a universal floater ball...which shouldn't be confused with a floater...two very different materials. To nobody's surprise, both sometimes appear on the same hole...but we digress!!!

Comment

• I would think that Marshall knows that if he is going to go he needs to do it soon. The longer he waits the longer it is going to take ADES to find a horrible replacement that will send Basketball back in to the 90s.

Comment

• Certainly not a bad sign:

The Crimson Tide wants Wichita State's Gregg Marshall, but it appears the U coach is a backup plan.

It is a very fresh news article, not something from days ago.

Comment

• More of the same:

But wait... I thought Marshall was THE target, as in the only one Alabama cared about until they got a no?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
                    Oh hell yes! Pitino and the SEC! What a match!
                    That's a great approach for Alabama! I support this move 100 pct.

I watched a Minnesota game last year and Rick Pitino was in the stands yelling at both his son and his sons players. It was awkward for everyone involved...similar to watching the parent at little league games talking smack and yelling at his kid to crack a home run on every at bat...

Comment

• Sorry if this has already been posted but this is a great article and excellent insight from Vitale. He gives Alabama a great big dose of reality that Marshall's job at WSU just might be better than what Bama has to offer. Also said that it was stupid for Bama for the whole thing being leaked to the media. Dickie V baby!

ESPN basketball analyst says money isn't the only consideration, as Marshall has spoken of the "great situation" he has at Wichita State.
                      Last edited by Shocker-maniac; March 31, 2015, 07:39 PM.
                      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Little Pitino is way more the level of coach who should be a likely candidate at UA. Perhaps Marshall should take into consideration that their #2 candidate couldn't even carry around his jock strap. Gotta feel for Tide fans; it's like looking at a Maserati Quattroporte, but ending up with an off-lease Toyota Camry.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                          Certainly not a bad sign:

The Crimson Tide wants Wichita State's Gregg Marshall, but it appears the U coach is a backup plan.

It is a very fresh news article, not something from days ago.
                          Bama going for the jealousy angle

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                            Sorry if this has already been posted but this is a great article and excellent insight from Vitale. He gives Alanama a great big dose of reality that Marshall's job at WSU just might be better than what Bama has to offer. Also said that it was stupid for Bama for the whole thing being leaked to the media. Dickie V baby!

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2..._take_a_u.html
                            I like Dick's Quote
                            "I personally find it difficult to comprehend why this is played out in the media, because you look embarrassing if you don't complete the deal," he said. "Now the next guy looks like he's second and the next guy looks third. That should all be private. That should all be, I think, between the athletic department and the person they're pursuing with a very simple statement: 'If this gets out, we're withdrawing our offer.'"

Comment

• Breaking news: I just ate at an Alabama barbeque restaurant, and it was terrible--definitive proof that Marshall is not going to Alabama.
                              “I don’t believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can’t be measured. You can’t measure a ballplayer’s heart” – Red Auerbach

Comment

• Lots on Twitter about Pitino now. Jeez look at their 2nd option.

Anyone else think this is just boiling down to money? Not that 2X your current salary isn't worth considering. Just saying.

Comment

Working...
                                X