The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
    Guys --- quit. No one KNOWS anything about what Gregg or his family are thinking. Patience grasshopper. All will be revealed in due time. WSU may lose half its fan base through heart attacks during that time, but there will be others to replace them.
    There's a waiting list for season tickets so don't worry about the heart attacks. Collateral damage.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Whatever happens, I just wish it to happen sooner rather than later. If this drags out until tomorrow, I'm not prepared for all of the April Fool's tweets/posts/comments.

That being said, I'm not going to lie, if Gregg Marshall leaves WSU for another program this year, I'm going to be an irrational, miserable SOB for probably 48 to 72 hours (if not longer). I'll probably go home, kick the dog, strangle the parrot and poison the neighbor's cat. I'll log on to Shocker Net and moan and complain and generally just be a horrible, horrible human being. My wife will threaten to divorce me.

I'm a fan. A Shocker fan. And I absolutely love what Gregg Marshall has brought to Wichita State and our Athletic program. I haven't lived in Wichita for 30 years but I still carry a burning flame for WSU and it's just so cool to talk college athletics with people outside of Wichita who know and appreciate Shocker athletics and a lot of that has to do with 3G and what he has done with the basketball program.

I know it's inevitable that Mr. Marshall will eventually leave our beloved university. But dammit, I'm selfish and want that to be a decade or two from now. Are there other coaches out there who can come in behind him and be successful? Probably. But I don't really want to take that chance right now. I want Wichita State to continue to be a perennial NCAA basketball power and I believe it can be with HCGM at the helm.

Oh, and if he leaves us for Alabama? Bama? BAMA? Oh good grief, I'll be devastated. I certainly won't become a Bama fan, that's for sure. I don't like Alabama football any more than I would like Alabama basketball because they're always playing for a national championship. And really, just how much domination does one university need to have? They got Saban, be happy. Leave Marshall to us. We need him more than you do.

End rant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
        I can't bear for this to go on until Friday. My husband subscribes to the theory -- happy wife, happy life. Hope the word on Lynn and the kids is correct.
        This is a fact Jack (or Jill)!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
          The offer from Bama is 4.2M for 6 years. Gregg has till Friday to decide. Word is Lynn and kids don't want to go. Gregg is looking at it as one more move before he retires, so it better be the right financial package. He doesn't want to coach forever. The cons for going to Bama are no real fan commitment to basketball; **** team next year; 2-3 year rebuilding plan; SEC is the SEC, cheating is almost an excepted practice...Bama fans probably alright with it if it yields results. WSU can probably get to 2.1 or 2.2M base, with incentives bringing it to 2.5+. The only reason he leaves is for the money. How much do you really need Gregg? Don't be a gun for hire. Be our coach where you are loved and respected. You have a great and predictable gig here. Don't screw up happy.
          Why do you want to pay me so much money? How bad IS the job in Alabama?

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
            I'm not calling you out. I'm just asking if you feel this to be a solid source.
            Oh, I don't feel called out. We are good there. Totally fair question.

You guys know me, I always try to be funny...or stupid...either one fits me depending on the situation.

Probably outside of Gregg himself, I trust the information.

The longer it stretches out, I think the better for us (even though we all want satisfaction now). The money is stupid and from that point why would you wait to say yes. There are so many layers for him to consider...what does Lynn and the kids think...how can I bottle up all the Shocker fans and take them with me...I am the belle of the ball in Wichita, who is this Saban schmuck...what about my player family...etc...

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Why do you want to pay me so much money? How bad IS the job in Alabama?
              "Mo Money Mo Problems" ~ Notorious B.I.G

Comment

• Texas ill always said I could understand. But leaving us for Alabama basketball would just piss me off. Thats like Urban Meyer leaving Ohio St to coach at Kentucky for football
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                  I can't bear for this to go on until Friday. My husband subscribes to the theory -- happy wife, happy life. Hope the word on Lynn and the kids is correct.
                  I subscribe to that theory as well. At least my wife of 41 years tells me I do.
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                    If my math is correct that's 5.25 a year? No, that's not the number I was told.
                    I heard 28 for 5 years = 5.6
                    Also heard they're offering haurer money too.

Edit: just caught up. I jut read shoxmvp's post. Just goes to show what do any of us know?
                    Last edited by LandStander; March 31, 2015, 11:28 AM.
                    I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                    If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

• Heard they are offering 1 trillion dollars a year. He cant pass that up can he?
                      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• What is sad, is they want to throw stupid money at a coach, yet why don't the build up their facilities?

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          Texas supposedly doesn't like Gregg's personality to fit within their department. We've had heard that chorus before. If he has received that feedback more than a few times he may be thinking his future options are more limited that previously believed. That might make him more likely to consider a move to a program like Alabama. I hope he would just as soon stay in Wichita and become a legend.
                          At either Texas or Alabama, I would be extremely concerned about dealing with the meddling alumni. If I had any first-hand knowledge, I'd say cheating alumni, but that would be going too far. I just wonder if Gregg could ever bring himself to say the man he admired most was an alumnus/booster of Alabama. Or Texas.
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                            Heard they are offering 1 trillion dollars a year. He cant pass that up can he?
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                              The offer from Bama is 4.2M for 6 years. Gregg has till Friday to decide. Word is Lynn and kids don't want to go. Gregg is looking at it as one more move before he retires, so it better be the right financial package. He doesn't want to coach forever. The cons for going to Bama are no real fan commitment to basketball; **** team next year; 2-3 year rebuilding plan; SEC is the SEC, cheating is almost an excepted practice...Bama fans probably alright with it if it yields results. WSU can probably get to 2.1 or 2.2M base, with incentives bringing it to 2.5+. The only reason he leaves is for the money. How much do you really need Gregg? Don't be a gun for hire. Be our coach where you are loved and respected. You have a great and predictable gig here. Don't screw up happy.
                              I have no idea if the rest of the paragraph is true, but 4.2 is the number I heard. And I have no reason not to believe the person I heard it from.
                              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                                Didn't see what you're referring to, but there have been 8 "undos" today.
                                All the edits today

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X