The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
    Soliciting opinion here, I'm sure Sexton and Co., have run the numbers and determined how much of a raise that the university can afford without robbing Peter to pay Paul. No facts behind it, just gut feeling, but I'm thinking WSU can max out at 2.5 million a year. Am I out of line?
    Its been said before but raise tickets by a measly $100 and we can swing $3 million

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
      Soliciting opinion here, I'm sure Sexton and Co., have run the numbers and determined how much of a raise that the university can afford without robbing Peter to pay Paul. No facts behind it, just gut feeling, but I'm thinking WSU can max out at 2.5 million a year. Am I out of line?
      for $100 per season ticket would raise another $1,000,000. I'm sure between going to the Abyss or keeping our coach - extra $100 would be well spent.

Comment

• Originally posted by HoopsFan23 View Post
        Do you think he'd stay then if Bama went as far as $5 million after potential bonuses? I don't know that they'd offer that much, but if Bama has their mind set to something, they can certainly afford it and would do it. Or do you think GM would stay even if Bama were willing to offer that kind of cash?
        I think Gregg leaves for Bama with a $4M offer, for what my opinion is worth -- which is probably valued at two Taco Shop quesadillas...

Comment

• This has probably been mentioned but I just realized that Ron can transfer to whatever school he wants to without sitting out. He has his degree.

E: I don't know why I'm doing this to myself nor why I have to torture you people with it. I guess misery loves company or something?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurley View Post
            Its been said before but raise tickets by a measly $100 and we can swing $3 million
            I can't for the life of me think of any reason why this wouldn't be done. I can't for the life of me imagine any season ticket holder who would be upset about that. At this point it's about scaring away potential suitors, and at $2.5M-$3M, you're scaring away practically everyone but the blue-bloods. Pay the man his money because these annual meltdowns are getting tiring.
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by HoopsFan23 View Post
              Do you think he'd stay then if Bama went as far as $5 million after potential bonuses? I don't know that they'd offer that much, but if Bama has their mind set to something, they can certainly afford it and would do it. Or do you think GM would stay even if Bama were willing to offer that kind of cash?
              Curious, do we think that Alabama or Texas have a ceiling? How important is a quality basketball program to either of those schools? If you start investing heavily in the basketball program at either of those schools, how soon before the boosters and alums begin wondering why you aren't spending that money on football. Like it or not, football rules the roost in big time college athletics. All of the recent re-organizing along conference lines has been about football. Not a single one about basketball. (Ask KU how important their basketball tradition was when other conferences were poaching some of the BIG 12 schools. You know and I know, KU did not matter at all. Heck, K-State probably mattered more. Always time to get a dig in at the "flagship" program lol)

Point being, Are we sold on the fact that either school will really offer "crazy" money? I don't think it is in their best economic best interest.

Comment

Not our job to totally fund a coaches raise. Bad idea.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                    This has probably been mentioned but I just realized that Ron can transfer to whatever school he wants to without sitting out. He has his degree.

E: I don't know why I'm doing this to myself nor why I have to torture you people with it. I guess misery loves company or something?
                    I know I'll be in the minority here. But worst case scenario is 3G leaves and Ron follows, I would feel a little sour but honestly, I'd root for them to wreck the big 12 or sec, every single game... Says a lot about the respect I have for those two and what they've done here.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
                      I think Gregg leaves for Bama with a $4M offer, for what my opinion is worth -- which is probably valued at two Taco Shop quesadillas...
                      For whatever it's worth, I've always respected Marshall staying put. Not a Wichita State alum, but live in St. Louis. Between Arch Madness, my brother going to an MVC school and my old baseball coach who I'm still close with doing the same, I've always followed the MVC teams. I know you guys go through this every single year. I was here last year when you went through it with Missouri. The biggest difference I see with the Alabama situation is they can easily pay up to that $5 million mark. Missouri would have had to have given their football coach a raise if they had done that. Alabama pays Saban somewhere near $7 million per year so that's not really an issue. Again, I have no idea if they will, but I would not be surprised if they did.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                        I can't for the life of me imagine any season ticket holder who would be upset about that.
                        Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                        Nevermind, I found one.
                        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                          Whose job is it?

Comment

• As a student...

I am honestly surprised tickets are still free for us.
                            **FEAR THE WHEAT**

Comment

• Another FYI the non-Will on 12 says Battle is on his way back to Alabama. He came on during the news so I wasn't quick enough to turn him off.
                              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Mark Jacksons name being thrown around on Twitter as being followed by some Texas players. What does this mean?

Comment

Working...
                                X