The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
    Based on what we've seen and heard from Marshall for years, I'd say he would expect his players to stay and help smooth over the transition for the new guy. They wouldn't all bolt. They would stick around and they would even work on getting the recruits to stay true. The new coach would be getting a dream gig.
    Agreed. There were many a few years ago who thought HCMT crapped his old nest prior to flying the coop.

I don't think anyone will be able to say that if HCGM leaves, I bet he'll help us hold everything together IF he leaves.

Comment

• @Gary:ParrishCBS: Texas has officially announced that Rick Barnes is no longer its basketball coach. Press conference scheduled for 12:30 CT today.
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
        @GaryParrishCBS: Texas has officially announced that Rick Barnes is no longer its basketball coach. Press conference scheduled for 12:30 CT today.
        I may be overly optimistic, but I see this a good news. A good AD doesn't announce the current firing with a press conference without having a replacement in his back pocket, unless they feel it may be a while until a signing occurs. Then they have to announce the process.

Comment

• Does this mean Turg is headed to Texas A&M???

Comment

• Mitch Carr (@mitchcarrtv)
            3/29/15, 12:18 PM
            Serious now: a source with #Texas tells @8NEWS @Kerri8News that Shaka Smart is #1 on UT's list; #VCU trying hard to counter #ShakaWatch2015

For what it's worth, from local Richmond, VA reporter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carolina_Shock View Post
              Mitch Carr (@mitchcarrtv)
              Serious now: a source with #Texas tells @8NEWS @Kerri8News that Shaka Smart is #1 on UT's list; #VCU trying hard to counter #ShakaWatch2015

🙏🙏🙏
              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Carolina_Shock View Post
                Mitch Carr (@mitchcarrtv)

If true, sad for VCU but I can't help but feel good for us!

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                  If true, sad for VCU but I can't help but feel good for us!
                  If true and Smart doesn't take it, I don't see Marshall accepting sloppy 2nds.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                    If true and Smart doesn't take it, I don't see Marshall accepting sloppy 2nds.
                    He has said as much before, but..........

Comment

• @Kerri8News: I'm told #VCU working w/his agent to try to get him to stay "@LK2CHAT @mitchcarrtv @Kerri8News so vcu trying to get the money to match tx?"

Comment

• VCU deserves to lose their coach with their fans' constant accusations of Marshall and WSU running a dirty program.

Comment

• Comment

• Or Smart's agent is....well...Smart and is trying to use this to get him a raise
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Let there be no confusion. Smart was never #1 on the list. He became number one after plan A declined :)

Comment

• Stats for this post off Wikipedia so watch out!

Rick Barnes Texas Winning Percentage 69.5%, Career Winning Percentage is 65.8% (George Mason 66.7% Providence 58.7%, Clemson 60.1%, Texas 69.1) NCAA Dance Record 20-20 50% At Texas his Dance record is 18-14 and in 9 of 14 years Texas has lost to a lower seed. 1 Final Four in 2003, 6 Sweet 16's, & 3 Elite 8's. 22 NCAA appearances.

Beloved HCGM a Career Winning Percentage 71.5% (Winthrop 70%, WSU 72.9%). HCGM is 8-11 in the Dance with 6 of his 11 loses occurring at Winthrop. WSU has lost to a lower seed twice (Kentucky & VCU). 11 NCAA appearances.
                                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                                X