The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by robertfoshizzle View Post
    No, but he's not going to win a championship in OKC. The Warriors are built to last and OKC isn't going to compete with them unless they find two star players to play with Westbrook. And I just don't see Westbrook as the kind of guy who will attract big-name free agents. He marches to the beat of his own drummer... I doubt he's going to be out there actively recruiting.
    That's fine. But it's not an indictment of Donovan's coaching ability. He's not in charge of personnel in the NBA like he is in college. Perhaps that outlook means he would like to return to college, perhaps not. But I definitely don't think it is a useful correlation to "he is in over his head."

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      That's fine. But it's not an indictment of Donovan's coaching ability. He's not in charge of personnel in the NBA like he is in college. Perhaps that outlook means he would like to return to college, perhaps not. But I definitely don't think it is a useful correlation to "he is in over his head."
      Yeah, I don't think he's in over his head either. OKC would be doing just as well as always if Durant had stayed. I guess it just comes down to if he's happy just making the playoffs every year. And in the NBA, coaches rarely last more than 5 years unless they compete for a championship -- and even some guys who do compete for championships get the ax.

Comment

• Would Donovan going to Ohio State make them Florida North?
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Comment

• Bad time to dump a coach. Billy Donavan or Tom Crean would seem like the easiest fits. Some of the other guys would
            be tough to get IMO.

Comment

• "Next season's Shockers could be the best in history." Hmmm...

Comment

• Originally posted by calfan View Post
                Bad time to dump a coach. Billy Donavan or Tom Crean would seem like the easiest fits. Some of the other guys would
                be tough to get IMO.
                I can't fathom why OSU would dump Matta only to pick up Tom Crean. That would make the decision to dump Matta in June look even dumber than it already does.

Comment

• "...must, by law..." Bwhahaha

Wichita State's Gregg Marshall. A top-30 job has opened, meaning Marshall's name must, by law, be brought up. It's important to keep in mind that Marshall makes north of $3 million already. So what's going to get him to leave? A high-level job that will pay him even more. Remains to be seen if Ohio State will do that. If it does, it could make Marshall think long and hard. Wichita State returns basically everybody off a team that went 31-5 last season. Next season's Shockers could be the best in school history. Wichita State is now in the American Athletic Conference. Could he walk away from that to rebuild Ohio State? Marshall is 54 years old.
                  “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                    "...must, by law..." Bwhahaha
                    I'm surprised the thread police haven't yet asked for this thread to be moved to Around The NCAA where it can unceremoniously die in peace.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxtop View Post
                      I'm surprised the thread police haven't yet asked for this thread to be moved to Around The NCAA where it can unceremoniously die in peace.
                      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• I know everyone uses the reasoning "Gregg won't go to a school where he has to play second fiddle to football", but I don't think that's entirely true. I remember recently re-listening to the interview he had with Jim Rome in the offseason of 2015 shortly after he turned down the Alabama job. Jim had asked him about the fact that football was big down there and Gregg said something along the lines of how he was excited about the idea of getting to meet Nick Saban and go to some games. Now he could have just been saying that to be nice to Alabama and show respect to their awesome football program.

Regardless, I'm still not worried about Ohio State poaching him. Not with what this upcoming season has in store.

Comment

• I bet Muller already has his application in

Comment

• And Muller has actually shown some ability to recruit, DS -- it's just keeping guys there that's a challenge for him.

Comment

• I've just gotta believe that an AD at a school this prominent doesn't fire a coach at this time unless he/she has a pretty good replacement already in pocket.

Comment

• Is there something here worth dismissal that wasn't present at the end of the season?

Comment

Working...
                                X