The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
    I totally agree. I love Fred! I hope that someday he's an outstanding coach and WSU is his dream job, but I don't know that those wishes will ever come true and I would hope the fan base doesn't eat him as the HC just for nostalgia.
    Easy to do. Rumors are Patrick Ewing to Georgetown. Really? Because.....?

Comment

Let's just say that Marshall was hoping for an offer when Smart got it.
      let's just say that smart was a fool to leave vcu for texas.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
        let's just say that smart was a fool to leave vcu for texas.
        Probably, but that doesn't alter the reality of Marshall and Texas.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• I don't get the dismissal of Texas due to football, IIRC, Alabama made HCGM think pretty hard about going to Tuscaloosa. Texas is a better job and in a better city than Alabama. From what I heard and Wufan stated... we should be thanking our lucky stars UT didn't offer HCGM a job.

Comment

• I am too lazy to look it up. Has Texas opened?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
              I am too lazy to look it up. Has Texas opened?
              Nope, but I am pulling for Shaka to turn it around.

Comment

• Originally posted by thunderkwb View Post
                Nope, but I am pulling for Shaka to turn it around.
                Me too, always liked Shaka

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                  This is crazy money. When your salary gets quadrupled, you take it. Beyond a terrible scandal a new coach has three-year runway. I understand there's taxes and whatnot, but Archie could effectively annuitize $2million a year for 3 years without affecting his current lifestyle. Even (completely unlikely) if he never worked again he would live a quite comfortable life. Pretty tough to pass up. If somebody offered me quadruple my salary tomorrow, I'm taking it. HCGM's calculus is different. He is already paid at the upper end of coaches' salaries. No one is going to pay him $12 million a year.
                  Sitting within earshot of random BBN fan last weekend, we talked about potential jobs and why HCGM was unlikely to leave. Moonshineboy exclaimed with all the arrogance of someone who wears overalls for a living and bathes in a creek every other Saturday whether he needs to or not, that there was zero chance we would be able to keep him because IU and a "couple other schools" would pay him 7-8 million/year.

Comment

• Originally posted by thunderkwb View Post
                    I don't get the dismissal of Texas due to football, IIRC, Alabama made HCGM think pretty hard about going to Tuscaloosa. Texas is a better job and in a better city than Alabama. From what I heard and Wufan stated... we should be thanking our lucky stars UT didn't offer HCGM a job.
                    You've bought the ketchup Popsicle from the coach in white gloves.

Comment

Probably, but that doesn't alter the reality of Marshall and Texas.
                      the reality is marshall and wichita state. get with the program.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                        the reality is marshall and wichita state. get with the program.
                        I'm aware that's the current state. That has nothing to do with where Gregg would be if Texas had offered. I'm not saying with absolute certainty that he would have taken it; only that he wanted the opportunity to consider it.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                          I could see Fred coaching youth in Rockford before I could see him coaching here.
                          Best way to coach them is to recruit them.

;)
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

Let's just say that Marshall was hoping for an offer when Smart got it.
                            And your source was........................

I remember Kennedy and Bruce Heartl saying that they had no inside information but they thought that Texas was the type of job, Gregg would be interested in. If someone knows something for sure that Gregg was hoping for an offer, then spill it.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                              And your source was........................

I remember Kennedy and Bruce Heartl saying that they had no inside information but they thought that Texas was the type of job, Gregg would be interested in. If someone knows something for sure that Gregg was hoping for an offer, then spill it.
                              In additions to the ones mentioned above, I had a source on this board and a friend that was a donar that helped with the contract at Flint Hills. They didn't say he was pining for it, only that they believed he was interested in it.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

In additions to the ones mentioned above, I had a source on this board and a friend that was a donar that helped with the contract at Flint Hills. They didn't say he was pining for it, only that they believed he was interested in it.
                                ok. Maybe he is interested.

Comment

Working...
                                X