The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fafhrd Mouser View Post
    Would Marshall be interested. Basketball is always going to be second fiddle to Football at Texas.
    There is a lot of speculation out there that Marshall has a lot of interest in the UTA gig. One of the main reason is due to recruiting Texas blue chips. Obviously Austin is a great city to live in. If you look at the average season attendance statistics they do very well. The last time the position was open, I heard Mike Kennedy say during an interview on a KC radio station that the Texas job would be one that he would be interested in.
    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
      One big change, is that the AD that hired Smart at Texas, and did not have any interest in Marshall, is no longer at Texas. The current AD may or may not find Marshall to be an intriguing candidate if the job were to open.
      I had missed that.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
        I haven't been worried since 2012. I think the AAC move will stop the worrying for the majority of people. Unfortunately there's always going to be people who get worried even when jobs like Northwestern open up.
        Northwestern has a lot of appeal. They actually get apologies from the NCAA on obvious goaltends in NCAA Tournament games.

Comment

• Originally posted by thunderkwb View Post
          I don't believe the Shaka rumor but if Texas would open again I might be worried this time. Someone told me that Marshall told him, I do know he knows him personally, he would be interested in the Texas job. I can't confirm when he had that discussion pre or post raise.
          Anybody know how much Shaka is making?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            Probably not. There is a Shaka to Georgetown rumor which would open Texas back up
            True, Stick -- the confirmed worrywarts don't care what rumors are made up or how unlikely; they're going to continue living in fear. They're like Depression babies (if you're old enough to know what that means) who keep pinching pennies even if they're millionaires.

Comment

• Wow. Nevermind. Continue with the worrying if it makes you feel better.

Comment

• The only thing I'm worried about is if Marshall will coach long enough for Fred to finish his NBA career and go right into the WSU head coaching job.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Nm
                  Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fafhrd Mouser View Post
                    Would Marshall be interested. Basketball is always going to be second fiddle to Football at Texas.
                    no way.

marshall is more savvy than, say, mark turgeon, who left wichita state for a football school (tamu). man, did turgeon f&#k up royally.. just like fogler did.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                      no way.

marshall is more savvy than, say, mark turgeon, who left wichita state for a football school (tamu). man, did turgeon f&#k up royally.. just like fogler did.
                      Big difference between Austin and College Station. That said, I just don't see Marshall in Texas, let alone at UT, where the booster interference is probably thicker than any school in the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
                        Anybody know how much Shaka is making?
                        $3 million with contract expiring 2023

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                          The only thing I'm worried about is if Marshall will coach long enough for Fred to finish his NBA career and go right into the WSU head coaching job.
                          I could see Fred coaching youth in Rockford before I could see him coaching here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            Big difference between Austin and College Station. That said, I just don't see Marshall in Texas, let alone at UT, where the booster interference is probably thicker than any school in the country.

both football schools. basketball is about a joke. leave wichita state, at any time, for that?

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                              both football schools. basketball is about a joke. leave wichita state, at any time, for that?
                              Let's just say that Marshall was hoping for an offer when Smart got it.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                                I could see Fred coaching youth in Rockford before I could see him coaching here.
                                I totally agree. I love Fred! I hope that someday he's an outstanding coach and WSU is his dream job, but I don't know that those wishes will ever come true and I would hope the fan base doesn't eat him as the HC just for nostalgia.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X