No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The world's worst kept non-secret is that Texas wasn't and isn't on the Marshall train. The interest isn't mutual, for whatever reason, on the Austin side.

If it opened again, fretting about it would literally be worrying about nothing.

Comment

• So much for our home and home with Dayton.

Comment

• Why would Texas be interested in Marshall when Doug Gottlieb is available?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          So much for our home and home with Dayton.
          Home and home with Indiana?
          You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
            The world's worst kept non-secret is that Texas wasn't and isn't on the Marshall train. The interest isn't mutual, for whatever reason, on the Austin side.

If it opened again, fretting about it would literally be worrying about nothing.
            Yeah, my understanding is that Marshall wasn't even considered the last time it opened up.

Comment

• $4M per for Archie.

"Dream destination", indeed.
              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                $4M per for Archie.

He was making I think 1.2 to 1.5 at Dayton. GM would have left a few years ago when we were paying around that if our boosters wouldn't have stepped up and raised the salary to over 3M. We are indebted to them as that is what separates us from most schools, that just can't find the money to do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                  $4M per for Archie.

This is crazy money. When your salary gets quadrupled, you take it. Beyond a terrible scandal a new coach has three-year runway. I understand there's taxes and whatnot, but Archie could effectively annuitize $2million a year for 3 years without affecting his current lifestyle. Even (completely unlikely) if he never worked again he would live a quite comfortable life. Pretty tough to pass up. If somebody offered me quadruple my salary tomorrow, I'm taking it. HCGM's calculus is different. He is already paid at the upper end of coaches' salaries. No one is going to pay him $12 million a year.
                  Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• I don't blame him at all for taking Indiana, let alone the $4M salary.

That many zeros could make even a weaker man call Omaha a dream destination though.
                    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                      A post I saw on the Dayton board:

I'm glad Marshall is completely honest with his "I'm willing to listen" statements as opposed to saying "I plan on staying here forever" while secretly taking calls. Sucks for the Dayton fans but they are a strong program and I hope they're able to continue their success
                      EXACTLY.

Comment

• I feel for the Dayton fans but it was probably good timing for Archie as I think his team this year was loaded with seniors. Not sure the talent level of the underclassmen and what he had coming in but he doesn't have the same roster 3G will next year.

I'm thinking they hire Forbes and we get that H-H after all!

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                          The world's worst kept non-secret is that Texas wasn't and isn't on the Marshall train. The interest isn't mutual, for whatever reason, on the Austin side.

One big change, is that the AD that hired Smart at Texas, and did not have any interest in Marshall, is no longer at Texas. The current AD may or may not find Marshall to be an intriguing candidate if the job were to open.
                          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Guys. I think it might be time to give up on the worrying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                              Guys. I think it might be time to give up on the worrying.
                              I haven't been worried since 2012. I think the AAC move will stop the worrying for the majority of people. Unfortunately there's always going to be people who get worried even when jobs like Northwestern open up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                                One big change, is that the AD that hired Smart at Texas, and did not have any interest in Marshall, is no longer at Texas. The current AD may or may not find Marshall to be an intriguing candidate if the job were to open.

Would Marshall be interested. Basketball is always going to be second fiddle to Football at Texas.

Comment

Working...
                                X