The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
    Is it just me or has 3G seemed different the last few games?... He almost seemed grumpy. It was almost like he wasn't enjoying himself or stressed out. Could be totally off base, but from my view he has seemed... different.
    How many times was he asked if he thought the Shocks had to win the Valley Tournament to go dancing in the last week? Would not be surprised at all if he was a bit grumpy.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
      During his presser last night it looked like he wasn't feeling all that well. Maybe a sinus issue. Even Landry was coughing a bit. Maybe that's why he was a little edgy.
      I think you might be right. At the team hotel, I was told that a trainer "had to take care of a couple sick guys" Saturday night. Wouldn't be surprised if one was 3G.

Comment

• Conzo Martin is being rumored on the CBS basketball podcast for the Missouri job.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
          Conzo Martin is being rumored on the CBS basketball podcast for the Missouri job.
          He just gonna spend 2-3 years everywhere he goes?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
            He just gonna spend 2-3 years everywhere he goes?
            Dude gets a TON of mileage off of a nine year HC-ing career that shows just two NCAA appearances, and two NCAA wins. That's maximizing your return for sure, from his perspective. College basketball's Ron Prince.

Comment

• “When you have opportunities, if you want to listen -- and we do -- then you see how that goes,” Marshall said when asked about the Missouri job

I don't see Mark Few making statements like this. When is enough, enough? More money will buy the "Marshals" nothing they can't already buy with 3.5M per year.

Comment

• It's not always about money.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                  Conzo Martin is being rumored on the CBS basketball podcast for the Missouri job.
                  That would seem to be a step down from where he is now.
                  Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                    That would seem to be a step down from where he is now.
                    When referencing Missouri, you could literally say that about 300 schools.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                      It's not always about money.
                      I know what your saying, but unless they are looking to move for the same or less money then it really is about the money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
                        “When you have opportunities, if you want to listen -- and we do -- then you see how that goes,” Marshall said when asked about the Missouri job

I don't see Mark Few making statements like this. When is enough, enough? More money will buy the "Marshals" nothing they can't already buy with 3.5M per year.
                        What's he supposed to say, that he wouldn't even pick up the phone to talk to Missouri?

I believe Marshall knows without a doubt that Mizzou isn't going to enter the bidding at around $5 mill, and that's what it would take to get him to stay on the phone after he answered it.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• It's really about 29-5 probably not getting in the tournament.

Also, I'll take a guy who continually makes the realistic statement that he isn't going to 'stick his head in the sand' than all the guys who profess their devotion and bail the first time the phone rings.

He's had 2 D1 jobs in 19 years, with tremendous success. At some point you just have to sit back and enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
                            “When you have opportunities, if you want to listen -- and we do -- then you see how that goes,” Marshall said when asked about the Missouri job

Not sure that at this point money is the issue. But you can tell that 3G is frustrated with the Valley becoming more and more a one-bid conference and a conference that makes earning an at-large more and more difficult. If Wichita State is unable to get into a much better conference then the chances of 3G retiring at Wichita State are, IMHO, greatly diminished. So until that happens 3G is not going to make any statements declaring that he is absolutely locked in at Wichita State. Probably won't make any such statement even if Wichita State moves to the AAC, for example, given the ephemeral nature of collete athletics these days although such a move greatly enhances the chance 3G retires as a Shocker.

I can't imagine him walking away from this particular Shocker team with the potential to be a Top 10 team. However, at the end of next year, when he will lose 7 seniors, if Wichita State is still stuck in the Valley of Dearth then things could get interesting on this thread.

Comment

• I think there is only one potential opening this year that even has a remote chance to get Marshall's attention.
                              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                What's he supposed to say, that he wouldn't even pick up the phone to talk to Missouri?

I believe Marshall knows without a doubt that Mizzou isn't going to enter the bidding at around $5 mill, and that's what it would take to get him to stay on the phone after he answered it.
                                I don't know. I agree with both sides here a bit. The off-seasons here have been a show the past 4 years. It came to a head with Alabama.

It certainly seems different here with 3G than it does at Gonzaga or other Power 5 schools that pay their coach the way we pay ours. 3.5 million should buy a bit of not having to put up with that kind of an answer every year.

Comment

Working...
                                X