The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
    I think it's funny that these low level P5 sites always give fan service trying to find some reason a "name" coach would consider them.

While Muller might be a good fit, I thought this line was funny:

Umm...
    They call it the "Bruce Weber" strategy!

Comment

• If the national perception is that Gregg's stock has slipped, then I am personally and selfishly 100% fine with that.

In reality it hasn't, so...

Comment

• Guys, remember Canada!!?? OMG!! Did you see what he did??! No one, NO ONE wants that kinda guy running their program. Remember?? Embarrassing!!

No chance he is being seriously considered by any legitimate, respectable programs.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
          Guys, remember Canada!!?? OMG!! Did you see what he did??! No one, NO ONE wants that kinda guy running their program. Remember?? Embarrassing!!

No chance he is being seriously considered by any legitimate, respectable programs.
          I hope they think that way.
          Last edited by WheatShock; February 17, 2017, 11:02 AM.
          Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Guys, remember Canada!!?? OMG!! Did you see what he did??! No one, NO ONE wants that kinda guy running their program. Remember?? Embarrassing!!

He doesn't know how to get ejected with class like Uncle Dean demonstrated.

Comment

• I will make a prediction.

If after next year,

1. The Valley outlook for 2018-19 doesn't appear to be on a significant upswing, and
              2. It doesn't appear likely WSU will move to a better conference, and
              3. A good P5, non-rebuilding job opens up

Gregg will move on. If not, he retires while coach at WSU.

Comment

• Parrish has a good column about the NC State job.

. . . NC State will likely end up shopping from a second tier of candidates, and here’s what one second-tier candidate told me Thursday: “I wouldn’t touch that job. If making four NCAA Tournaments [in six years] gets you fired midseason [in your sixth year], it’s not a good job to take if you already have a good job.”

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  I will make a prediction.

If after next year,

1. The Valley outlook for 2018-19 doesn't appear to be on a significant upswing, and
                  2. It doesn't appear likely WSU will move to a better conference, and
                  3. A good P5, non-rebuilding job opens up

Gregg will move on. If not, he retires while coach at WSU.
                  One of those three will end up not being true.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    Parrish has a good column about the NC State job.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-bas...ouch-that-job/
                    My point exactly.
                    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                      One of those three will end up not being true.
                      That's my guess. I hope it's one of the first two, but odds are it will be number three.

Comment

• I don't expect it to be #3, Royal.

For that to happen, it it's going to happen at all, is going to require MUCH more than a "good, non-rebuilding" P5 job. Marshall will not be easily lured away, unless his recruiting next year goes poorly and maybe not even then.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                          I don't expect it to be #3, Royal.

For that to happen, it it's going to happen at all, is going to require MUCH more than a "good, non-rebuilding" P5 job. Marshall will not be easily lured away, unless his recruiting next year goes poorly and maybe not even then.
                          My choice of #3 is born out of my pessimistic outlook for #s 1 and 2.

Comment

• K-State?
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

K-State?
                              "Spit take"

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X