No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Koch references are especially annoying considering season ticket prices are up something like 60% in the last four years. Certainly Charles Koch has helped in the financial package that retains Marshall, but so do the roughly 2500 SASO account holders who are forking over hundreds to thousands more per seat in the past few years.

Comment

• In a weird way, I kind of like that some people think it's Koch money. It's kind of like having a great big dog patrolling your back yard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
        In a weird way, I kind of like that some people think it's Koch money. It's kind of like having a great big dog patrolling your back yard.
        Yes, it's definitely a positive for the rep of the athletic department. Look at how much value Pickens at OSU and Knight at Oregon have brought to the table in elevating the overall perception of strength within college athletics. Having that type of influence perceived as being behind a program (regardless of how accurate) definitely enhances the aura within the industry. It makes it more attractive as a conference member as well as an employer...maybe even in legal recruiting if you find a way to play it right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
          IDGI. So what if he is? Whenever I talk to people who are special and ask when HCGM is leaving I always bring up Charles.
          There's nothing wrong with Koch money. It's just that the national pundits point it out like it is the only reason WSU is relevant on the coaching carousel. They don't point out that Phil Knight is the only thing that keeps Oregon relevant.
          78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by Keyser Soze View Post
            Yes, it's definitely a positive for the rep of the athletic department. Look at how much value Pickens at OSU and Knight at Oregon have brought to the table in elevating the overall perception of strength within college athletics. Having that type of influence perceived as being behind a program (regardless of how accurate) definitely enhances the aura within the industry. It makes it more attractive as a conference member as well as an employer...maybe even in legal recruiting if you find a way to play it right.
            Agreed. It's all about the Benjamin's isn't it? How else would one compete with the BCS?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
              IDGI. So what if he is? Whenever I talk to people who are special and ask when HCGM is leaving I always bring up Charles.
              As others have said, it makes it sound like the only thing that makes WSU relevant is one man's money and not a community of fans and donors.
              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                There's nothing wrong with Koch money. It's just that the national pundits point it out like it is the only reason WSU is relevant on the coaching carousel. They don't point out that Phil Knight is the only thing that keeps Oregon relevant.
                There is a large group of donors who have invested significantly in keepin this coaching staff happy. Not just one dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                  There is a large group of donors who have invested significantly in keepin this coaching staff happy. Not just one dude.
                  You know that. I know that. Most people in Wichita know that.

Certain media types don't and act as if Charles Koch is the only reason 3G is here and thus the only reason that WSU is nationally competitive.
                  78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                    I think next year's team has incredible potential. I would be very surprised if he jumped. But, Crean is not going to be tolerated for very much longer. Of all of the jobs that could be available, Indiana scares me the most.
                    Remember that Coach Marshall does not like cold weather.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuchalk View Post
                      Remember that Coach Marshall does not like cold weather.
                      My meter is reading sarcasm. However, he has liked winning more.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                        My meter is reading sarcasm. However, he has liked winning more.
                        No sarcasm there. 3G really is not a fan of cold weather. In the snow game against UAB in his first year, he commented that he didn't know why people would dream of a White Christmas. When he leaves Wichita (whether it be for another job or for retirement), I bet that he prefers to go somewhere warm. Bloomington, IN does not seem to be one of those places.
                        78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                          No sarcasm there. 3G really is not a fan of cold weather. In the snow game against UAB in his first year, he commented that he didn't know why people would dream of a White Christmas. When he leaves Wichita (whether it be for another job or for retirement), I bet that he prefers to go somewhere warm. Bloomington, IN does not seem to be one of those places.
                          Well he's had plenty of opportunities to move to warmer climates that didn't happen. South a Florida, Bama, UCLA are examples.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                            Well he's had plenty of opportunities to move to warmer climates that didn't happen. South a Florida, Bama, UCLA are examples.
                            Maybe he is waiting for A&M to open up so he can get a crack at KU on their level.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• I would rather have Koch money than any of Phil Knights. He makes his money selling over priced shoes to kids that can't afford them.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                                I would rather have Koch money than any of Phil Knights. He makes his money selling over priced shoes to kids that can't afford them.
                                You just described the American way 😁.

Comment

Working...
                                X