• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
    Understanding Dyslexia for $500…

“The Old '96er”

69er sounds so much more satisfying.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Looks like former consensus top-500 SN poster SubGod22 is crushing it in his crusade to curry favor with those noble Memphis fans. Posted in response to their discussion of getting the banhammer dropped here after the troll invasion:

Don't worry about Kai. He has a Napoleon complex and is quick to ban people. I haven't been on that board in about 3 years because of that tool. I willingly left though, no ban unless he did it well after the fact to make himself feel better.
      Last edited by Play Angry; April 14, 2016, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• As a follow-up, thank you to @_kai_:, @DUShock, @RoyalShock, @ShockBand and all other moderators for your hard and thankless work here. You do an excellent job.

Comment

• Unfortunate, to say the least.

Comment

• Downtown Shocker Brown didn't do himself much good either.

Really, when it come to coaching rumors, when you go to an opposing team's board there's little way to avoid looking like a fool, an ass, or some combination thereof.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
              Downtown Shocker Brown didn't do himself much good either.

Really, when it come to coaching rumors, when you go to an opposing team's board there's little way to avoid looking like a fool, an ass, or some combination thereof.
              That guy turned into an arrogant *****. Don't know what the deal was with him.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• As a general rule, I refrain from posting on opponents boards for any reason. I did post to the UNI forum in March and dumped some tickets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                  As a general rule, I refrain from posting on opponents boards for any reason. I did post to the UNI forum in March and dumped some tickets.
                  Rule to live by.
                  "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                    Rule to live by.
                    I'm pretty much a dick here. Other teams' fans would be even less impressed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                      Looks like former consensus top-500 SN poster SubGod22 is crushing it in his crusade to curry favor with those noble Memphis fans. Posted in response to their discussion of getting the banhammer dropped here after the troll invasion:
                      If anyone has a napolean complex it is SubGod.

That guy sucks.

I used to like his posts but then he became a tool.
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                        I'm pretty much a dick here. Other teams' fans would be even less impressed.
                        Haha. I wasn't specifically talking about you. I meant in general it's a good rule to live by.
                        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          Ah. But would WSU fans have assumed we would hire Marshall away from Memphis 'cuz WSU'?

Tubby was/is a good coach. I don't think it's a good hire. They should have hired younger. This is a stop-gap at best, and an expensive one at that.
                          After losing 39 games the last 3 years, and no postseason of any kind the last 2 years, I guess I don't see why a 4-6 year run with Tubby is a bad idea in order to re-establish a strong program. I think Tubby actually was a pretty good hire and will have them back in the NCAA tournament most years.

If Memphis had been stuck with a true disappointment like Andy Kennedy or Will Wade, I would understand the urge to laugh at the dumb Memphis posters who talked so much smack. With Tubby, I guess I feel like he is not that far off from their best case scenario. Is he Marshall? Nope. But I do think Tubby is a better coach than most are giving him credit for. I think Memphis fans have every reason to be excited, and as a Shocker fan, I'd stick to jabbing them about how Marshall is still ours. We still have the Ferrari, so we can stick that in their face, but "ha ha, you got stuck with a Corvette" seems like a bit of a stretch for trash talk. I think Memphis came out pretty well.
                          Last edited by Jamar Howard 4 President; April 14, 2016, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                            Looks like former consensus top-500 SN poster SubGod22 is crushing it in his crusade to curry favor with those noble Memphis fans. Posted in response to their discussion of getting the banhammer dropped here after the troll invasion:
                            Funny thing, I only banned SadFace for the obvious troll and then UofM for stirring up **** just for the sake of stirring it up. That's all I banned. I didn't even look at new registrations like I was doing when Bama fans were on their turd wagons coming over here.
                            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• So I truly wonder if SubGod has been to more than five home games in his life

Every time he was asked whether he went, the excuse arrow flew to the right

Comment

• Nobody asked you. That's the point.

Comment

Working...
                                X