No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol at Memphis fans still hanging onto the fact that Marshall hasn't publicly denied it. HE HAS NEVER PUBLICLY DENIED AN OPENING. That's not how he rolls. You don't deny something that you haven't been publicly offered. Just because random posters and media people are throwing his name around doesn't mean he's been publicly offered a job.

Comment

• Found this quote over on their board rather comical "you start with Marshall and end with Boyle...someone fudged up"

Comment

• Kind of funny seeing doug gottlieb on twitter trying to explain to Memphis fans why they can't get marshall
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Someone figured it out:

"You don't offer him. You tell him you want him to coach at Memphis and ask him what it will take to make that happen. You can either meet his demands or not."

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
            Someone figured it out:

"You don't offer him. You tell him you want him to coach at Memphis and ask him what it will take to make that happen. You can either meet his demands or not."
            We have a Winner

Comment

• If Reaves signs tomorrow, I'll relax.

Comment

• But Coach was gonna go to Bama (which I never could have imagined) and this is a better job.

Comment

• ^^

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    But Coach was gonna go to Bama (which I never could have imagined) and this is a better job.
                    Coach is a smart man. That maneuver significantly increased his compensation package. Nobody but 3G (and his wife) knows if he was going anywhere.

Comment

• I'm curious, how did Memphis fans go from Marshall is their next head coach to now they know he's not their next head coach when no one has heard a peep from Memphis, WSU, or Marshall???? Maybe I missed something, I didn't read this full 48 page thread.

Comment

If Reaves signs tomorrow, I'll relax.
                        Wow, Reaves = Josh Jackson

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                          There was never any doubt with this Memphis deal. Before long, we will hear Marshall say "they never even called me" like he did with Texas or "I will always listen if someone calls me, but it was only ever that."

Marshall will only go to Duke, North Carolina or Kentucky. Already turned down UCLA. Won't go to Kansas. It's as simple as that. And that's how good of a job WSU is. Sorry not sorry.

I could also see some kind of oddball scenario where he decides after a few more years at WSU to retire at a place like Randolph Macon, College of Charleston or Winthrop just for the freaking fun of it. Marshall isn't who you think he is.
                          i keep hearing north carolina come up. didn't anybody wearing north carolina tarheel gear get kicked out of the postgame locker room at winthrop, as a rule? something tells me bully-boy roy williams isn't a favorite of marshall.

duke will keep it in the family, most probably (hopefully),

louisville is the one to watch out for when pitino calls it a day, i think. marshall doesn't mind being the underdog, and louisville is the underdog to kentucky (something like wichita state and kansas). if marshall went to louisville, he'd have kentucky on the ropes in pretty short order. here's to robust good health in the future, like at least five more years of it, for rick pitino.

of course, he could stay at wichita state and win a national championship right there. there's always that to consider.

Comment

• I might get worried about Florida as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              I might get worried about Florida as well.
                              Dodged that bullet for a few years as they hired a new coach last year. Billy Donovan's departure was later into the spring (maybe into June), so that took many coaches out of the running. Had Florida promoted an assistant for one year, it could have had first pick in this offseason's coaching carousel, and that would have scared the hell out of me.
                              78-65

Comment

But Coach was gonna go to Bama (which I never could have imagined) and this is a better job.
                                Annoying, unimaginative, and overplayed.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X