No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knew it, knew it. I got trolled. Saw Parson's tweet so just had to watch Sports Sunday. What a waste. Nothing but warmed over speculation that offered nothing new whatsoever. Learned my lesson. At least they talked about Marshall before that long and incredibly boring interview with Perry Ellis. Going to bed.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      So and I listened to Parsons/Kunkell and company.....what a waste. Their evidence that something was going down "possibly" was all the tweets from Parrish, ******* and King about how good of fit Marshall would be for Memphis. They didn't even try to talk to the University AD to determine if Memphis had asked for permission to talk with GM. They said they reasched out to Marshall agent who only gave them a no-comment -which to means they are in final negotiations.
      Didnt watch but saw the tweets. Went and looked at Jason Kings that Parskns referenced as the most concerning and all he said was Marshall would be a great fit.

So the fact he was able to fill an hour long show with that "concerning" news is pretty comical

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
        The fact that GM has not come out publicly and said he is not a candidate is concerning. However, he's always been forthright and said he'd listen to any offer. I think the possibility of him leaving to Memphis has legs. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the probability is high, so don't bash me.

For $hits and grins, anyone want to play 'worst case scenario'? We lose McDuffie, all of our current recruits, and have to come up with a list of coaches. My first thought, Kevin Keatts.
        Its like a 24/7 colonoscopy with you.

Comment

The fact that GM has not come out publicly and said he is not a candidate is concerning. However, he's always been forthright and said he'd listen to any offer. I think the possibility of him leaving to Memphis has legs. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the probability is high, so don't bash me.

For $hits and grins, anyone want to play 'worst case scenario'? We lose McDuffie, all of our current recruits, and have to come up with a list of coaches. My first thought, Kevin Keatts.
          Dumb.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by washedup View Post
            Knew it, knew it. I got trolled. Saw Parson's tweet so just had to watch Sports Sunday. What a waste. Nothing but warmed over speculation that offered nothing new whatsoever. Learned my lesson. At least they talked about Marshall before that long and incredibly boring interview with Perry Ellis. Going to bed.
            You and SB fell for it hard. They did exactly what they wanted you to do. Shameful.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• As I lay here in bed emitting noxious farticles that are worthy of holocaust gas chamber toxins, I just realized that my wife has a choice: Lay here and inhale the exhaust output of Chinese food-poisoning, or get up and go to a safe room and read @KC Shox:'s posts. So far, she'd rather lay here, than read his posts.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                You and SB fell for it hard. They did exactly what they wanted you to do. Shameful.
                I did it for Shockernetters......

Comment

• Here is the update from the Memphis News Perspective

So, to bottom line all of this, here’s the update as I understand it:
                  1) Gregg Marshall wasn’t in Memphis over the weekend.
                  2) Memphis is going to aim high
                  3.) They’ll be using a search firm
                  4.) As of Sunday night, I do not believe they’ve spoken to any candidates about the job.

But that will soon change, of course, which will make for a very interesting week. Stay tuned.

Home of the Grizzlies and the most entertaining & trustworthy source for sports news & analysis in Memphis. Stream, read and download ESPN 92.9 FM 680 AM from any device on Audacy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    Clickbait and promotion for the dying sports show they have on Sunday nights.

Parsons contributed to the Wichita Eagle at some point (K-State beat writer maybe?) but I believe now works at a convenience store.
                    He's actually a paper salesman. At a company that my company USED TO buy paper from.
                    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                      He's actually a paper salesman. At a company that my company USED TO buy paper from.

Comment

• What is the link to Jason Kings Twitter?

Comment

• I don't remember where I saw this (and don't intend to go back and find out), but didn't some Memphis visitor say he thought their fan favorite was Bruce Pearl?

To me, that seems far more likely than Marshall. Pearl is well known in Tennessee, even if from experience at the other end of the state where he had success; he seems to aim for splashy, high-profile recruits; and he has every incentive to want to get the heck out of Auburn while he can do so voluntarily, because he doesn't seem to be gaining much traction there. Plus, Memphis is unquestionably a much better basketball job than Auburn is.

By contrast, Marshall has a great program already underway at WSU, a lot of returning talent -- almost certainly a reload rater than a rebuild -- and a great life in Doodah; plus (if his comments about not wanting to coach too many more years are to be believed, and why shouldn't they be?), he's already locked in for himself what should be a very lucrative, essentially lifetime deal.

Memephis would do well to hire Steve Forbes, but I'll bet if they can land Pearl they'd consider it a home run hire -- and so would Pearl.

Comment

The fact that GM has not come out publicly and said he is not a candidate is concerning.
                            Marshall has not come out publicly and said he is not a candidate for the Boiling Springs Junior High School in South Carolina head coaching position. He would be able to go back home. Should I be concerned?

Not coming out publicly means practically nothing.

Comment

• Loved Bob Lutz sub-tweeting Parsons. You can tell who the real reporters are in this town. Way to boost ratings...
                              "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                              Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• As I type this I remember the post where Memphis' guy says the Tigers haven't contacted anyone, so this could be off, but I can't help and see some similarities between this opening and Vandy's at this point.

Just a ton of silence right off the bat. I don't really know whether that is good or bad news, or that Marshall would even consider Memphis, but usually it seems there is a bit of news by now.

Makes me wonder if 3G is making it explicitly known if there is any info leaked then he's completely out of negotiations (if you want to call it that).

Or maybe he was just at Costco all weekend and Memphis is about to hire Penny. I don't know, no one does.
                                Last edited by ShockerExpress; April 11, 2016, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X