The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    To be fair, they are in very close proximity to West Memphis.

And it's never good when you have a directional name of said city in a different state.
    Good point, Prez -- at Lake Tahoe, where all the rich folks live, Tahoe City and South Lake Tahoe are both in the SAME state. It's just places like West Memphis and East St. Louis and East Chicago that are on the wrong side of the state line.

Comment

• Originally posted by thunderkwb View Post
      McDermott.
      LOL.

I dunno which is funnier: the fact that Memphis fans think McDermott is a good coach or the possibility that McDermott would leave the big, badass, Duke of the Midwest for Memphis. Oh man that would be funny shiat.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        LOL.

I dunno which is funnier: the fact that Memphis fans think McDermott is a good coach or the possibility that McDermott would leave the big, badass, Duke of the Midwest for Memphis. Oh man that would be funny shiat.
        McDermott definitely thinks less of Creighton than their own fans do. I would not be surprised at all to see McDermott move to Memphis if offered.

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
          I don't think the program as a whole is a step down, but it isn't necessarily attractive enough for HCGM to leave. In 5 years, we could have skyboxes and a new conference. (Who knows what was promised to Marshall besides money, but I think this push for a new conference is part of the overall deal.) Therefore, if next year's team is better, it isn't worth leaving. So, RIGHT NOW, it could be considered a step down. Maybe. But not a step up.
          Memphis State is not a program anyone would leave WSU for, unless they're miserable in Wichita which doesn't seem to be the case.
          Why risk a few $100k to take a gamble with happiness.
          Marshall is way above a Memphis State.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

1. Lynn Marshall
            2. $
            3. Lynn Marshall

We have the highest paid coach who doesn't coach the best basketball in the world every four summers. He is legit friends with one of the richest men in the world. He has as many perks as any coach and better perks than 99%. He is happy.
            Fixed

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              LOL.

Well it would further the coaching carousel theme for this year: Sh!tty coaches somehow avoiding the axe, and instead managing to get respectable jobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                I wonder if moving home games to IBA would be an additional thing we could do to sweeten the pot for Marshall? He seems to be more of a fan of that sort of thing. Would surely increase AD revenue due to the addition of 5K more season tickets, in spite of lease payments.

Not to say I am personally a big fan of moving away from CKA, to be clear.
                Only if it was temporary while they build "The House That Marshall Built"!!
                The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                  Only if it was temporary while they build "The House That Marshall Built"!!
                  I might be dreaming, but I sometimes wonder if something like that might possibly be in the works.

The suites and academic center additions mentioned like a year or year-and-a-half ago have not exactly been put into high gear (l've actually heard the suites have been ixnayed), and the University as a whole is getting ready to start a capital giving and fundraising drive the scale of such has never really happened at WSU. There's never been a better time to either expand CKA, or build anew in the Innovation Campus.

It would also roughly fit into the theme that a certain (media member) poster alluded to in the WSU-Alabama thread last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                    Why? The quality of the job isn't solely based on how good next year's team will be. What about the program as a whole, with a 5+ year outlook, makes Memphis so obviously a step down?
                    I was hoping my smily at the end would show the smirk on my face when I typed that. Guess it didn't work.
                    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• TGIF!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• truly a great day for Memphis...UofM Prez says Memphis and Pastner have agreed to a negotiated settlement of 1.255 million.

this is even better than we thought!

Comment

• Originally posted by UofMemphis View Post
                          truly a great day for Memphis...UofM Prez says Memphis and Pastner have agreed to a negotiated settlement of 1.255 million.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/spor...375027931.html
                          Sounds like good stuff....

for not a WSU message board.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                            Sounds like good stuff....

for not a WSU message board.
                            Memphis fan here. Ignore him. He started off well. He's resorted to childish tactics

Comment

• People were talking about Will Wade for Vanderbilt, and we keep having posters tell us how Memphis is a better job than Vanderbilt, so why not Wade? Forbes would surely be available and cheaper, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by UofMemphis View Post
                                truly a great day for Memphis...UofM Prez says Memphis and Pastner have agreed to a negotiated settlement of 1.255 million.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/spor...375027931.html
                                Sooo state of the Memphis program is that they were so bad they had to pay someone to take their coach. Must be a proud moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X