Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
    What might Anthony Grant be thinking?
    He has a chance to be one of the unluckiest coaches in the country this season (losing 2 jobs in the span of 6 weeks), or one of the luckiest (losing his job at Bama and actually upgrading within the conference as the HC at Florida).

Comment

• Names being thrown around for Florida job: Archie Miller, John Pelphrey, Mike White, Tony Bennett. Seems like Pelphrey and Miller are at the top of the lists. Miller only makes around $350k at Dayton - he would be the guy I'd want.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
        Let it die a normal death by taking the sticky off.
        Absolutely agree, although the chronically panic-stricken will no doubt keep it on life support until Donovan (a vastly more likely choice than The Rug, by the way) is replaced if he does go to OKC. By the way, the ESPN story I saw also mentioned Grant as a possible assistant to Donovan -- apparently there's some history there. That could be a respectable upgrade as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
          Names being thrown around for Florida job: Archie Miller, John Pelphrey, Mike White, Tony Bennett. Seems like Pelphrey and Miller are at the top of the lists. Miller only makes around $350k at Dayton - he would be the guy I'd want.
          I can't believe Pelphrey would be considered for any decent HC job.

If he wants to be a HC again, he'll have to do it at a place like South Alabama where he was before.
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
            Names being thrown around for Florida job: Archie Miller, John Pelphrey, Mike White, Tony Bennett. Seems like Pelphrey and Miller are at the top of the lists. Miller only makes around $350k at Dayton - he would be the guy I'd want.
            Miller makes significantly more than $350. The number that's posted on the net is circa 2012 or 2013. I think with bonuses and increases in pay, he will make double that this year. Still, Florida isn't going to be frightened by 3/4 of a mill.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• If I were Florida I'd be looking for a successful coach with 17 years experience with maybe two stops. Oh wait, he's already taken. Sorry.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Donovan to OKC
                Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post

Comment

• Richard Pitino would be the easy hire, but is he really a good candidate? I don't think he's proven anything yet.

Comment

• In my very uneducated, humble opinion, Gregg is not going to Florida...right now. Gregg has one last shot to win big with "RonVanWessel" here next season. Plus, recruiting is pretty much screwed at this point for next season for a new coach. I am not worried about 2015-16.

That said, I will be interested in who Florida hires. If Florida hires Little Pitino, Archie Miller, etc., then we can put Florida to bed for the next five years. If Florida promotes an assistant, especially if it is announced publically to be an interim hire so that they can get the first pick in next year's Coaching Carousel, then all bets are off at that point.
                      78-65

Comment

• It'll be interesting to see what happens to Anthony Grant. Does he go with Billy to OKC, does he end up as the caretaker "interim head coach" at Florida, or does he get kicked to the curb?
                        Last edited by WheatShock; April 30, 2015, 01:34 PM. Reason: Grant not Davis
                        Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

It'll be interesting to see what happens to Anthony Davis. Does he go with Billy to OKC, does he end up as the caretaker "interim head coach" at Florida, or does he get kicked to the curb?
                          Pretty sure Anthony Davis plays for the Pelicans and isn't going anywhere.

haha
                          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

It'll be interesting to see what happens to Anthony Grant. Does he go with Billy to OKC, does he end up as the caretaker "interim head coach" at Florida, or does he get kicked to the curb?
                            FIFY. We knew what you meant.
                            78-65

Comment

• Grant would be a valuable addition to the bench for whoever takes the Florida job. He's been in the league and knows the other teams as good as any assistant any new coach might hire.

Comment

• So when do the Gator trolls start surfacing?
                                ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Working...
                                X