No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• " I think it's been said many times before just about how he loves Wichita and is comfortable there," Marshall's agent, Myles Solomon, said during a phone interview Wednesday night. "It's a very good job. I think anytime that you're asked to leave a very good job it's difficult regardless of industry."

Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
      So this begs these questions.

Was Marshall really going to bolt to Alabama if Wichita State hadn't made the offer they did?
      Did he feel he had done all he could here? (Think Stephenson)
      Did Lynn and the kids really keep him from leaving?

I guess we'll never know.
      Bottom line is that Alabama was appealing to Gregg and they made a crazy offer. WSU was more appealing with a less crazy offer.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
        He has a daddy complex.....wants to come on strong & stern and lecture.
        You should be doing one of two things.

1 - Apologizing for being a butt the last several days.
        2 - Take a break and re-evaluate your ability to not hold rumors and what-ifs against people.

I am sick of posters who have the patience of a 2 yr old, spent the last 2-3 days complaining about Marshall, mostly because of rumors and not things he directly did, and now these same posters have the gall to do anything other than slink away quietly for a few days.

Scum.
        Last edited by Jamar Howard 4 President; April 2, 2015, 07:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
          So this begs these questions.

Was Marshall really going to bolt to Alabama if Wichita State hadn't made the offer they did?
          Did he feel he had done all he could here? (Think Stephenson)
          Did Lynn and the kids really keep him from leaving?

I guess we'll never know.
          We will never know, but it would appear so.

Comment

• Originally posted by RHshoxfan View Post
            JEEEEEEEZ.. blow me
            what are message boards for..

anyways, now that Dr. Morals is done.

YAHOOOOO!!!!!!! GREGG FOR PRESIDENT!
            They are for discussion.

They are not for slamming a man based on wild rumors... and if they were, they would then be for those same posters to apologize instead of getting defensive when the actual truth comes out.

Comment

• Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
              Yes asking him to pickup the pace on making a decision to stay or go so the program can move forward one way or another, should not be tolerated...:glee:
              You say it much more politely here than what you said before. That said, anyone who thinks they had any position to make demands that Marshall have handled this differently (with threats that they are ready to just be "done with him" if he doesn't) needs to go check their ego.

Comment

• Congrats to GM !!!!!!!! Now if we can just see that Baker has decided to stay !

Comment

• Let's be happy instead of focusing on beef with other posters.

This just made my night. Only thing left to do is win a national title. I'm so pumped.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• I needed to get those several posts out. I am absolutely sickened by the behavior of some, especially those with the gall to attack those that called them out on their behavior now that it has been exposed. I'll drop it now as long as those goobers do the same.

Go Shox.

Comment

• Let's put this 3.3 million in perspective.

Ben Jacobson just received a new 10 year deal at UNI for a mere $450k per year! It increases each year by... wait for it... $25k per year! LOL

I couldn't find a complete list of MVC coaches salaries, but am I right to assume that Marshall now makes more than the rest of the league, combined, including head coaches, and assistants?

Wow. Wow. Wow!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                        They are for discussion.

They are not for slamming a man based on wild rumors... and if they were, they would then be for those same posters to apologize instead of getting defensive when the actual truth comes out.
                        Discussion.. Which includes opinions. People were giving their opinions, which was obviously going to include not being happy with Gregg if he left. People were frustrated and worried. I don't know why you or Dr. Morals feel the need to try and play mom and dad. Let people have their opinions on situations and happenings. I would have been pretty mad at Marshall if he left WSU for Bama. It would have gone against everything he's said, but he didn't. If you can't handle opinions or comments that you don't completely agree with, then a message board isn't the place for you.

Regardless,
                        He's back, hopefully for many years to come! Go shox!

Comment

• Now that we are all happy that HCGM is staying and is the highest paid coach that has not won a national championship:

1) Do you think he stays until he wins a NC or retires?

2) Do you think there is more pressure on HCGM now to make the tournament and advance, continue what he has been doing ie: Rick Barnes?

3) Do you think the new package included moving to a new conference by a certain deadline?

4) Does this set the bar higher for all the other WSU sports teams knowing that WSU will take care of them if they win?

That's all for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                            Let's put this 3.3 million in perspective.

Ben Jacobson just received a new 10 year deal at UNI for a mere $450k per year! It increases each year by... wait for it... $25k per year! LOL

I couldn't find a complete list of MVC coaches salaries, but am I right to assume that Marshall now makes more than the rest of the league, combined, including head coaches, and assistants?

Wow. Wow. Wow!
                            The talk over on MVCFans was for a million per year Jake. But your point is valid.
                            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Being born/raised in Wichita I couldn't be more happier (still call it home). It's great to see the city united every time I visit. 3G deserved this, Wichita deserved this. Time to start setting $ aside for next year's MM tournament run.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                                We've come a long ways from paying Mike Cohen $70,000, si?
                                He was over paid

Comment

Working...
                                X