The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Coach View Post
    Everything I've heard is that Marshall was "not blown away" by Battle. The Alabama boards are never going to report that.
    If he really wanted the job it could have been his 5-6 days ago.

Comment

• It seems to me that these BCS honks can't understand the word "Happy".

They think that any non BCS coach can't wait to jump ship and go to any BS..I mean BCS job. That might be the situation with most non BCS schools. I could see - and have witnessed it (SMS) - a coach jumping at the first opportunity. WSU is an elite level job in comparison to most BCS/non BCS jobs that are out there.

Many AD's have offered 3G more money - supposedly better opportunities - better conference affiliation - etc - etc -etc and all so far have walked away shaking their head. I don't think Alabama will be any different.

We (WSU) do need to address this if he stays. Hopefully we do something along these lines:

$2.5 m per year base w yearly raises
      $500k - various incentives
      $25m payable in 10 - 12 years if he is still here
      $5m buyout (either way)

That is an ass-load of $$$ and should keep him here until retirement. It should help recruiting also.

Comment

• To the man who only has a hammer for a tool, everything looks like a nail. To the program that only has money to offer, offering the highest salary looks like a sure fire way to get your coach.
        The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
          If he really wanted the job it could have been his 5-6 days ago.
          Right.

Comment

• What sports teams do you root for? I am an Alabama football fan. I am by no means an Alabama basketball fan. [I’m] probably a Kentucky basketball fan. I don’t make it a point to watch pro sports.
            Telling.....
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Coach View Post
              Everything I've heard is that Marshall was "not blown away" by Battle. The Alabama boards are never going to report that.
              It has been reported on their boards [maybe not accepted, and probably ignored, but they have posted the information].

Comment

• And yet, what was Marshall reported by Suellentrop to be doing yesterday? His normal workday in Koch Arena, with normal, everyday vibes all around.

That is not the MO of someone tasked with making one of the biggest decisions in his life; it is the MO of someone at peace in his heart and surroundings.

Comment

• Has everyone seen this one yet from CBSSports?

Alabama
                  Out: Anthony Grant. Grant only made the NCAA Tournament once in his four years with the Crimson Tide after coming over from VCU, where he was the coach before Shaka Smart. His record was a 117-85, and he did have a winning conference record, but ultimately it just wasn't quite enough. The program wasn't really showing any positive signs of momentum, and the recruiting class this year is shaping up to be relatively weak despite losing three seniors. All eyes will now turn to Murray State's Steve Prohm, who will likely be the frontrunner for this job. He's an Alabama grad that is coming off of yet another successful season with the Racers, this time going 27-5 before being left at home from the Big Dance. His record in four years at Murray is 102-29, and I just don't see how the Crimson Tide would be able to lure a stronger candidate than this right now.

:)

Comment

• Prohm can do way better than that. He need not make the mistake Kennedy made when he went to A&M

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                      Prohm can do way better than that. He need not make the mistake Kennedy made when he went to A&M
                      Prohm may be doing better than that right where he is now.
                      The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                        Has everyone seen this one yet from CBSSports?

Alabama
                        Out: Anthony Grant. Grant only made the NCAA Tournament once in his four years with the Crimson Tide after coming over from VCU, where he was the coach before Shaka Smart. His record was a 117-85, and he did have a winning conference record, but ultimately it just wasn't quite enough. The program wasn't really showing any positive signs of momentum, and the recruiting class this year is shaping up to be relatively weak despite losing three seniors. All eyes will now turn to Murray State's Steve Prohm, who will likely be the frontrunner for this job. He's an Alabama grad that is coming off of yet another successful season with the Racers, this time going 27-5 before being left at home from the Big Dance. His record in four years at Murray is 102-29, and I just don't see how the Crimson Tide would be able to lure a stronger candidate than this right now.

:)

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...aching-changes
                        I use that source only to keep track of openings and who has been hired. It has some suspect information though. First, before the most recent update (yesterday at 3:00 in the morning), it had been five days since it was previously updated. The comment about Prohm was there prior to the last update, but like you, surprised that Marshall's name wasn't on there.

Secondly, and perhaps as a result of the early morning post, it's rife with errors. For example, "After apparently trying to convince Herb Sendek to take the spot after he was let go at Arizona, the Aggies have settled on an in-house hire to take over for the departing Morrill". Obviously Sendek was not let go by Arizona, because that would require him to have been a coach at Arizona.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                          Prohm can do way better than that. He need not make the mistake Kennedy made when he went to A&M
                          As an Alabama alum he likely has emotional ties to the school. I never question a coach that wants to "go home".
                          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by tgcshock View Post
                            Prohm may be doing better than that right where he is now.
                            Prohm makes a ton of sense being a grad at UA. He would fully understand the mindset of UA basketball vs. football.

Comment

• From Alabama's SB Nation site, Roll Bama Roll, here's what is being said. Obviously the site's host doesn't have much opinion one way or the other, but they do link stories from other sources.

A candidate wishlist: so much good, young coaching talent. Who will Alabama approach & who will say yes?

Comment

• Kirk Bohls@kbohls 1h1 hour ago
                                I'm told Texas basketball banquet has been canceled.

Comment

Working...
                                X