You Know You Wanna Look... Quotes From The KU Message Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jazztrane View Post
    Made the mistake of reading the comments and boy are some of them delusional. For years we've heard that WSU was not as good - "who have they played, they're not in the might Big 12, they can't be ranked higher KU would kill them head to head" etc.

Now that WSU stomps them their only argument is that WSU can't be the best team in the state BECAUSE OF THE HISTORY! This isn't even the cop-out "you got lucky, we'd beat you most times" argument. This is yes we know you beat us, but because you don't have the history of our program, you're not the best RIGHT NOW. Last I checked they didn't crown the national champion based on whose program has the best history at this point. There is a way to determine whose better, its called playing head to head and see who wins!!
    Being a blue blood is all about history and entitlement. Someone forgot to tell them titles are only good for one year.
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• A lot of KU fans cannot just be happy with being a KU fan.

I am happy with being a WSU fan regardless of win or lose. Now, I can get pissed that we don't win, but I'm still happy with being a WSU fan. It seems to me that a good portion of KU fans are not this way. There is an aura of insecurity that goes along with these people that they can't stand the thought of someone having more, or being better or what have you. And as long as they are #1, all is good. But any thought to the contrary cannot stand. So they have to go back to history, tradition, blah, blah blah. In order to keep it in their mind that they are #1 and everything is okay.

What the proper response to us WSU fans really needs to be is just a quick 'F*CK OFF!' and be done with it.

If they weren't such douchebags to begin with, then maybe people wouldn't feel the need to rub your nose in it a little. Now, I haven't, nor will I say anything demeaning to the KU fans I know, because, quite frankly, they are nice people, and deep down, I know that they are true fans and they like KU, and when KU wins, that's what gives them satisfaction. It's not the opportunity to talk **** that they seek, which what these insecure douchebag KU fans do.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
        A lot of KU fans cannot just be happy with being a KU fan.

I am happy with being a WSU fan regardless of win or lose. Now, I can get pissed that we don't win, but I'm still happy with being a WSU fan. It seems to me that a good portion of KU fans are not this way. There is an aura of insecurity that goes along with these people that they can't stand the thought of someone having more, or being better or what have you. And as long as they are #1, all is good. But any thought to the contrary cannot stand. So they have to go back to history, tradition, blah, blah blah. In order to keep it in their mind that they are #1 and everything is okay.

What the proper response to us WSU fans really needs to be is just a quick 'F*CK OFF!' and be done with it.

If they weren't such douchebags to begin with, then maybe people wouldn't feel the need to rub your nose in it a little. Now, I haven't, nor will I say anything demeaning to the KU fans I know, because, quite frankly, they are nice people, and deep down, I know that they are true fans and they like KU, and when KU wins, that's what gives them satisfaction. It's not the opportunity to talk **** that they seek, which what these insecure douchebag KU fans do.
        Intentionally associating oneself with a 'big time' program or sports franchise plugs a specifically shaped hole in the psyche of a certain subset of our population left wanting in an emotional, psychological, or sociological context. I'm sure the phenomenon is associated with a known, specific disorder or disorders, and I don't mean that with any hyperbole or exaggeration.

Not all fans of 'big time' fit this mold, but the ones that react in odd and freakish ways to a situation such as we have right now with WSU v KU certainly do.

Comment

• Found this in a thread over there at phog before selection Sunday.

Re: If KU is a 2 seed, would you rather Wichita St. or UNI be th (1 vote)
          Wsu on a neutral court would be rather easy, in my opinion. Koch Arena gives them extra mojo. Outside of VV and Baker they really have no threat. Cotton is an athlete but he wouldn't do anything against Oubre. Selden would control Baker and VV hasn't played against anyone near as athletic as Mason. VV also hasn't done well against Power 5 conference teams. We'd be by far the best team they've played in a long time, save kentucky last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by fansince80s View Post
            Found this in a thread over there at phog before selection Sunday.

Wsu on a neutral court would be rather easy, in my opinion. Koch Arena gives them extra mojo. Outside of VV and Baker they really have no threat. Cotton is an athlete but he wouldn't do anything against Oubre. Selden would control Baker and VV hasn't played against anyone near as athletic as Mason. VV also hasn't done well against Power 5 conference teams. We'd be by far the best team they've played in a long time, save kentucky last year.
            If this guy is your financial advisor, you need to get your money out of his hands! NOW
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by fansince80s View Post
              Found this in a thread over there at phog before selection Sunday.

Yikes...everything about that turned out to be true, in reverse. Let me redo it for him...

KU on a neutral court would be rather easy, in my opinion. AFH gives them extra mojo. Outside of Mason and Ellis they really have no threat. Oubre is an athlete but he wouldn't do anything against Cotton. Baker would control Selden and Mason hasn't played against anyone near as athletic as VV. Mason also hasn't done well against Non-BCS teams. We'd be by far the best team they've played in a long time, save kentucky this year.

Damn...that's about perfect. Turns out we are all that and a bag of chips, with the results to match of course. 78-65.
              “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
              -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Originally posted by kochHead View Post
                Yikes...everything about that turned out to be true, in reverse. Let me redo it for him...

KU on a neutral court would be rather easy, in my opinion. AFH gives them extra mojo. Outside of Mason and Ellis they really have no threat. Oubre is an athlete but he wouldn't do anything against Cotton. Baker would control Selden and Mason hasn't played against anyone near as athletic as VV. Mason also hasn't done well against Non-BCS teams. We'd be by far the best team they've played in a long time, save kentucky this year.

Damn...that's about perfect. Turns out we are all that and a bag of chips, with the results to match of course. 78-65.
                Its so funny because its true!!

Comment

• I haven't noticed but has Dillons put out a commercial declaring us the true champions of the Sunflower Showdown?

Comment

• I know Mark Acuff and Paul White. Kevin Findley and Steve Hatfield both give lessons to my boys.
                    On twitter as @WuShocks

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      I have two friends who are chemists (one in management) at what is probably the same facility. Did yours recently get purchased by a Big Pharma corp?
                      It did!
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by jazztrane View Post
                        Made the mistake of reading the comments and boy are some of them delusional. For years we've heard that WSU was not as good - "who have they played, they're not in the might Big 12, they can't be ranked higher KU would kill them head to head" etc.

Now that WSU stomps them their only argument is that WSU can't be the best team in the state BECAUSE OF THE HISTORY! This isn't even the cop-out "you got lucky, we'd beat you most times" argument. This is yes we know you beat us, but because you don't have the history of our program, you're not the best RIGHT NOW. Last I checked they didn't crown the national champion based on whose program has the best history at this point. There is a way to determine whose better, its called playing head to head and see who wins!!
                        *shrug*

The "best team in the state" is a title that's been defended and won in the KU and K-State series for some time now. Now the title rests with Wichita State, and neither team can realistically claim that title again until they go through us.

I'm just fine with that. Let people be as irrational about it as they want. WuShock has the strap, and to be the man, you've got to beat the man. We beat the man; we are the man.

We now own perpetual bragging rights. I don't know how any WSU fan can even be bothered by irrational excuses at this point.
                        Originally posted by BleacherReport
                        Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                          I'm okay with just letting them know that WSU is the best team in the state and leaving it at that.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by BikeIdiot View Post
                            I know Mark Acuff and Paul White. Kevin Findley and Steve Hatfield both give lessons to my boys.
                            Steve Hatfield is the man. Great percussionist and dude.

Comment

Working...
                            X