You Know You Wanna Look... Quotes From The KU Message Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheYeti
    Surely I know you! I was in the music school for awhile back in the 80's.

As was I. Drumline for Marching Band. Bass Player in the pep band. 1985-1989
    On twitter as @WuShocks

Comment

Surely I know you! I was in the music school for awhile back in the 80's.
      86-91 for me. Played sousaphone in the last marching band in 86. Trombone in the pep band from 86-89.
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

let me throw some names and see if we mutually know of them. Mark Acuff, Mike Harris percussionists, Paul White, Gary Suits, Donnie Duncan....
        All those guys were just before me, except for Gary and Paul.
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
          Their World News Report ranking of 106th is mediocre, but at least it's giant leaps beyond their #297 ranking from Forbes.
          Ewwwww those stats are sorta ... well ... mid-major.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

This girl: https://teachmehowtophilly.wordpress...bitter-ku-fan/
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
              Hahaha, good read!
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                Freaking fantastic. Love it.

Comment

let me throw some names and see if we mutually know of them. Mark Acuff, Mike Harris percussionists, Paul White, Gary Suits, Donnie Duncan....
                  Paul White was my high school band director and a large part of why I even looked at Wichita State in the first place.
                  Three things in life are constant- death, taxes, and Creighton losing in the first weekend of the tournament.

AAC or Bust!

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    I manage a reasonably large Pharmaceutical Chemistry lab (about 70 employees) located in McPherson. We hire applicants with BS, MAsters and PhD Chem/Biochem degrees. Of course we recruit nationally, but the majority of my new employees come from the state of Kansas, specifically WSU and the small private schools around the state. The WSU grads are almost always great! I have yet to interview a KU grad that wasn't a pre-med going in to school and that barely graduated after 6+ years. The chemistry program at WSU is severely under-rated at all levels!
                    I have two friends who are chemists (one in management) at what is probably the same facility. Did yours recently get purchased by a Big Pharma corp?

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                      Made the mistake of reading the comments and boy are some of them delusional. For years we've heard that WSU was not as good - "who have they played, they're not in the might Big 12, they can't be ranked higher KU would kill them head to head" etc.

Now that WSU stomps them their only argument is that WSU can't be the best team in the state BECAUSE OF THE HISTORY! This isn't even the cop-out "you got lucky, we'd beat you most times" argument. This is yes we know you beat us, but because you don't have the history of our program, you're not the best RIGHT NOW. Last I checked they didn't crown the national champion based on whose program has the best history at this point. There is a way to determine whose better, its called playing head to head and see who wins!!

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        Bill Self needs to get back to his roots-he had a whole team of Evan Wessells at Illinois and guys like Travis Releford and Perry Ellis need to be the norm rather than the exception.

Just keep doing what your doing Bill.......
                        Note to Self: The 2012 Jayhawks were the most mid-majorish KU team in 25 years and got all the way to a National Championship game. Coincidence? I think not..
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jazztrane View Post
                          Made the mistake of reading the comments and boy are some of them delusional. For years we've heard that WSU was not as good - "who have they played, they're not in the might Big 12, they can't be ranked higher KU would kill them head to head" etc.

Now that WSU stomps them their only argument is that WSU can't be the best team in the state BECAUSE OF THE HISTORY! This isn't even the cop-out "you got lucky, we'd beat you most times" argument. This is yes we know you beat us, but because you don't have the history of our program, you're not the best RIGHT NOW. Last I checked they didn't crown the national champion based on whose program has the best history at this point. There is a way to determine whose better, its called playing head to head and see who wins!!
                          I totally expected that. The only way we'd ever be considered on the same level is if we were to win as many NC's as they have, and go back in time and somehow have Naismith coach here instead. And even then, they'd come up with some other reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazztrane View Post

They only look at the history of KU A.D. - After Danny..

Pay no attention to the Dick Harp years that paralleled the Ralph Miller years, or the Ted Owens years, when Mizzou and OU relegated them to also ran status in the Big Eight. That was also the MTXE years.

Those were also years they avoided us like the plague.

In the decade of the 60s, KU was ranked in rhe AP Top 10 a total of 44 weeks. KSU - 27 weeks, the Shox - 34 weeks. If memory serves me correctly, we were the only team to be ranked #1.

We played in the Valley of Death. The played in the Big Boring 8, or as Randy Brown called the conference in the 70s, KU, KState, and those other 6 guys.
                            Last edited by jocoshock; March 24, 2015, 04:25 PM.
                            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• What if D Rose made that FT or that 3 pointer by chalmers didnt fall. What would they have to show for the last 2 decades of top talent and top seeds?

Comment

• Originally posted by fansince80s View Post
                                What if D Rose made that FT or that 3 pointer by chalmers didnt fall. What would they have to show for the last 2 decades of top talent and top seeds?
                                Or if Steph Curry wouldn't have been the point guard on the final play of the Elite Eight game and instead did what he did best, which was moving without the ball to get open off a screen?
                                78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X