No announcement yet.

You Know You Wanna Look... Quotes From The KU Message Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KU, You lose and you got blown out. Wichita State is the best team. There's no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
      I liked the "7 seed my ass".

Interesting that a 7 seed plays a 2 seed and Vegas basically has it as a toss up. Now, if I read this right, we are a very slight favorite over ND.

The key thing here is, that if the committee is doing its job correctly, you wouldn't see this. I'm grateful for how it turned out and who we got to play (both KU and IU), but I'm hopeful that in the future, we get the proper respect.
      I refused to complete a bracket due to the weird seeding this year. The NCAA stacked the cards in the round of 32 for the 2nd year in a row. Again WSU was the co-star. Today, we move on in this ratings grab
      Phi Alpha

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
        Although I think the committee unquestionably did a poor job seeding WSU ...

Is the committee's job to evaluate and seed teams based on their ability, or based on their resume? I'm honestly not sure how much emphasis they put on eye test. If their goal is to seed teams based on resume, you can absolutely have things like this. By no measure would you assume the team with the better resume has to be the better team.
        How many metrics, not eye test rankings, had us a 24-28 team? I'm guessing most said 14-20. That's a solid 5. I have no problem "excusing" this year's seeding based on who we got to play, when, and where we played. I just don't want to see it next year given the same factors.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
          How many metrics, not eye test rankings, had us a 24-28 team? I'm guessing most said 14-20. That's a solid 5. I have no problem "excusing" this year's seeding based on who we got to play, when, and where we played. I just don't want to see it next year given the same factors.
          I'm way to lazy right now to look it all up, but by my rough recollection the median or average of the various ranking metrics would have put us solidly in the 4 seed.

Comment

All it takes is one win against a high seeded blue blood and we are FINALLY getting respect. Even all these comments from the story I read on ESPN.com are well in favor of WSU. After all that disrespect from going undefeated last season, this is very refreshing!

Comment

What I find hilarious is the fact they lock their site down after a loss. You have to have an account to read the threads. I have one...... :)
              Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
              Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by GOSHOX1 View Post
                This one will sting ol' Billy for a while, probably have another affair to cover up the stink.
                Originally posted by ShockerHoops View Post
                Bill Self had an affair?
                I've seen internet rumors about an affair. I've never seen it reported by a trustworthy source. Maybe it was and I just missed it.

Regardless, if it was never more than a rumor, then GoShox1 is a scumbag. If it was verified and proven true, GoShox 1 is still a scumbag. Decent people just don't make comments like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                  I could go on, and on, and on, an on, but this will have to do.

Enjoy!
                  And then you went and dropped my favorite post from you ever. Those comments make me happy.

Comment

I've seen internet rumors about an affair. I've never seen it reported by a trustworthy source. Maybe it was and I just missed it.

Regardless, if it was never more than a rumor, then GoShox1 is a scumbag. If it was verified and proven true, GoShox 1 is still a scumbag. Decent people just don't make comments like that.
                    this....an affair, IF TRUE, cripples a lot of people, and if NOT true, is character assassination....

Comment

I wouldn't have phrased it in this manner but I do agree with Jamar's perspective.
                      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                        this....an affair, IF TRUE, cripples a lot of people, and if NOT true, is character assassination....
                        Very well said.
                        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                          So, I'm reluctant to get involved in this discussion... One of my close friends grew up in Lawrence and played ball with a recent KU player. He made a similar comment as if it were common knowledge and to be honest the details he said were even worse than the rumor as said on here. But I'm not going into that. My friend has a tendency to embellish things, so I took it with a grain of salt, and I really didn't care about the situation overall.

Anyway, Bill self's neighbor has Zebras in his yard, saw that w my own eyes. What a clown.

Comment

Sorry to offend your buddy jamar, it was a joke and a rumor that was wide spread on this board a couple of years.
                            I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

Joking about another man having an affair is not funny. You are still a scumbag.

Comment

Joking about another man having an affair is not funny. You are still a scumbag.
                                You know me so well dont you, as far as I remember this is the only time I have ever had any dealings with you on here. F you buddy go stick you stats and your know it all attitude up your a## ....... now you can call me a scumbag! *****
                                I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

Working...
                                X