You Know You Wanna Look... Quotes From The KU Message Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
    It's hard enough to keep up with ours. That many pages would have to just be a bunch of people posting and no one reading any of them. You couldn't watch the game at all and read all that.
    KU overlooked Ron Baker in basketball and I bet their football team and basketball team wished that Evan Wessel would have played on their football team. We need Evans grit and toughness on our basketball team to get them loose balls, and defend the way he does. A KU fan went to watch the Heights State Championship win to watch Perry play during Wessel's Senior Season. He came back talking and bragging about Wessel and how well he played in that big game. Also, I remember hear Wessel made big plays at the end of the game his Senior year at Heights in helping them win a State Championship in football too.

Now we have Mr. Frankamp incoming who was KU's best shooter last Season IMO.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

No on SN should ever refer to Coach Self as stupid ever again. Turns out he is indeed a very smart coach and person in charge of scheduling.

He was wise enough to know not to schedule WSU and always have a suitcase full of plausible explanations why not to do so.

The real reason was exposed today but give him credit for not making the mistake of purposely playing during the regular season.

Smart guy indeed!

That is all.
      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
        No on SN should ever refer to Coach Self as stupid ever again. Turns out he is indeed a very smart coach and person in charge of scheduling.

He was wise enough to know not to schedule WSU and always have a suitcase full of plausible explanations why not to do so.

The real reason was exposed today but give him credit for not making the mistake of purposely playing during the regular season.

Smart guy indeed!

That is all.
        Self just needs a geography lesson.

Comment

I like the post about playing ranked teams. Did KU get beat today by a ranked team, a team with a better record, or a team that was ranked higher at times this season than 5 hey were? Did they get beat by a team that has accomplished a little more for a 3rd straight year?
          Phi Alpha

Comment

I liked the "7 seed my ass".

Interesting that a 7 seed plays a 2 seed and Vegas basically has it as a toss up. Now, if I read this right, we are a very slight favorite over ND.

The key thing here is, that if the committee is doing its job correctly, you wouldn't see this. I'm grateful for how it turned out and who we got to play (both KU and IU), but I'm hopeful that in the future, we get the proper respect.

Comment

I am sure the ku players are good kids, so I don't take pleasure in their disappointment. Some of the posters on phog.net on the other hand....needed to be humbled.
              “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
              -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

This one will sting ol' Billy for a while, probably have another affair to cover up the stink.
                I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Interesting that a 7 seed plays a 2 seed and Vegas basically has it as a toss up. Now, if I read this right, we are a very slight favorite over ND.

The key thing here is, that if the committee is doing its job correctly, you wouldn't see this. I'm grateful for how it turned out and who we got to play (both KU and IU), but I'm hopeful that in the future, we get the proper respect.
                  Yeah we should be underdogs in both if the 7 seed meant anything. It's so dumb because literally everyone knows better. I'm just so glad we came out on top of this bracket. On to the next. The tone in the media is gonna swing hard towards the Shocks. People want us to face UK. We've gotta make it happen.

Comment

Bill Self needs to get back to his roots-he had a whole team of Evan Wessells at Illinois and guys like Travis Releford and Perry Ellis need to be the norm rather than the exception.

Just keep doing what your doing Bill.......

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Although I think the committee unquestionably did a poor job seeding WSU ...

Is the committee's job to evaluate and seed teams based on their ability, or based on their resume? I'm honestly not sure how much emphasis they put on eye test. If their goal is to seed teams based on resume, you can absolutely have things like this. By no measure would you assume the team with the better resume has to be the better team.
                      Originally posted by BleacherReport
                      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                        yea this is some very funny stuff, I was at a wedding Friday and some friends of ours who are Jayhawkers asked me about the game, who I thought would win. They know I'm a big Shocker fan...I said it will be close but we will win by at least four points. They looked at me quite puzzled like I surely mis-spoke. Didnt you see the New Mexico State game, I tried to explain to them that our defense will throw them into a total spaz out. I told them we don't play no zone, it won't be a game of horse. Of course they didnt belive me, but I bet they do now lol
                        What's funny is that KU beat NMSt by exactly 1 point more than WSU did. How was that game suppose to impress us?

Comment

Originally posted by GOSHOX1 View Post
                          This one will sting ol' Billy for a while, probably have another affair to cover up the stink.
                          Bill Self had an affair?

Comment

I think WSU's 7 seed was a compromise. Some wanted to give WSU a geographically local game. The compromise was to underseed WSU, but still give them a local venue.

I think the chance at an early game against KU got to be a HUGE factor in the seeding.

KU has no reason to complain about WSU being under-seeded. WSU as a 7 seed this year is nowhere near as bad a second-round match as Kentucky being an 8 seed last year.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                              Their game thread is around 100 pages. Wow!!!
                              NOT a rivalry. NOT an important game.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Someone please post the comments of the two Fred threads on phag. They got her locked down pretty tight right now can't read a damn thing. Kinda like Tekele's D!

Comment

Working...
                                X