No announcement yet.

The Omaha Stakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Applebee's steaks were pretty good in Omaha by the Holiday Inn...

oh wait
    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
      Applebee's steaks were pretty good in Omaha by the Holiday Inn...

oh wait
      Please tell me you don't order the steak at Applebees.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
        Yeah I don't, was trying to think of a steak resturant in Omaha but came up short.

MUCH LIKE KU WILL TODAY OH ****

SHUT IT DOWN
        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
          Do whatever Temple did.

And Iowa State.

And Oklahoma State.

...and West Virginia...and KSU...and...damn, that's a lot of losses.
          To be fair, those were all excellent teams. Most of which couldn't make it out of game one.
          Originally posted by BleacherReport
          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by champions5 View Post
            KU is fantastic in transition, shoots the three well, and they have a scorer or two inside. I would take the first two away. Make KU a 2-point shooting team that has to take tough three- point shots. Make their inside guys take shots over you.
            This is my take on this game.

Officiating is going to be key. If the officials are similar to the ones we had for our last two games, calling a foul nearly every time anyone went to the basket, I think we might be in trouble. I firmly believe we can shut down their transition game and their guards' perimeter play. Fouls in the paint are going to be critical. If the officials let the two teams play, we'll be able to punish them every time they go into the paint. If the officials are foul happy in the paint, Shaq/Carter will be in foul trouble by halftime and KU will get a LOT of FTs.
            Originally posted by BleacherReport
            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
              My favorite at Applebees is the Slim Jim medium rare.
              An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
                My favorite at Applebees is the Slim Jim medium rare.
                Mine too.
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

If Perry goes for 25-30 I like our chances.

That means we shut down everyone else.
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

Bigs need to stay out of foul trouble. Hit our 3’s, control tempo and play smart- Stay classy Shocker fans
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

KU plays a faster pace than the Hoosiers.

Would you rather see us beat them at their own game, a la Indiana, or grind out a game in the 50s/low 60s?

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post

Would you rather see us beat them at their own game, a la Indiana, or grind out a game in the 50s/low 60s?
                        Just beat them
                        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I want to see a faster, more athletic line up. KU will press the break, and size doesn't matter as much as athletes that can beat them down and block the layups. Force them into a set 80% of the possessions and we will win by 20
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                          Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post

We can play that pace, but I would rather we run our pace and make KU work hard in their set O/D on both ends of the court. Also, it will give our guys more legs at the end of the game. Ron looked sick on Friday, but I think that pace damn near killed him.

Comment

Be prepared for a triangle and two... That is Self's secret weapon in tourney games.

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
                                Be prepared for a triangle and two... That is Self's secret weapon in tourney games.
                                That's a great NBA mind right there.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X