• The Omaha Stakes

Let's talk about how to beat KU.

Get Mason in foul trouble.

Don't cheat off the 3 point shooters.

Dribble drive with all three guards ala Temple

If we press hard press none of this soft zone press stuff

Shut down Oubre and don't leave Greene wide open

Comment

NM State was driving me crazy with how wide open they were leaving people for 3's.

Comment

Cotton on Oubre, FVV on Mason. The play under the basket may be the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
          Cotton on Oubre, FVV on Mason. The play under the basket may be the difference.
          I think we're going to win both Cotton/Oubre and FVV/Mason. I'm with you that the concern is Ellis going for 30/10 or something.

Comment

Oh, and Ron obviously has to heat up.

Comment

Do whatever Temple did.

And Iowa State.

And Oklahoma State.

...and West Virginia...and KSU...and...damn, that's a lot of losses.
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                Do whatever Temple did.

And Iowa State.

And Oklahoma State.

...and West Virginia...and KSU...and...damn, that's a lot of losses.
                They all did a little bit different things but Temple drove the ball hard with three guards

Comment

KU is fantastic in transition, shoots the three well, and they have a scorer or two inside. I would take the first two away. Make KU a 2-point shooting team that has to take tough three- point shots. Make their inside guys take shots over you.

They also aren't a great rebounding without Alexander so an advantage exists there.

I think we match up well tomorrow. Ellis is a tough matchup because of the type of game he plays, but we have some answers and our young bigs had to play away from the hoop a lot yesterday, which was perfect going into this game.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                    I think we're going to win both Cotton/Oubre and FVV/Mason. I'm with you that the concern is Ellis going for 30/10 or something.
                    I actually think Darius matches up well with Perry. If he makes him shoot over the top and stays away from reaching fouls Darius will be okay.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

To beat KU, eliinate the alley-oops and transition baskets. The remainder will take care of itself.
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

If Darius guards Ellis you leave Wessel on the 7 footer...

Comment

Originally posted by swish1 View Post
                          Or you put him out there with Shaq or Bush. Which could work...if we don't have foul trouble. Which I'm sure we will.

Comment

Originally posted by swish1 View Post
                            Who's the 7 footer? Lucas is 6'10" but not exactly a beast. Traylor is 6'8".
                            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                              Who's the 7 footer? Lucas is 6'10" but not exactly a beast. Traylor is 6'8".
                              This is true. Still, Wessel may not be a good match up.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                              X