WSU VERSUS INDIANA PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU VERSUS INDIANA PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Here's the deal. Let's put on our dancing shoes. Do you believe in some black and yellow magic? "Indiana wants me" as the song goes. It does not seem that long ago that Dancing was simply a dream. Often it would come down to winning the Lew which did not happen until last Season. Now we consider dancing with the stars in March as a likelihood as so next Season. We were Cle-less with 8 new players yet here we are again and we expected that.

Our 3 headed monsta was instrumental in leading us here and will be epic in our progress. However, how will we perform against teams with solid bigs. Our last performance last game versus the birds will not cut the mustard. Indiana will be better than the birds but so are we. Carter and Cotton, our Seniors will lead us. WSU Will Win.

WSU-----70

Indiana-67
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

This is phenomenal.

Gregg Marshall 73
    Tom Crean 62

Comment

Did I notice the Hoosiers have 13 quality losses?

Comment

WSU 67
        IU 62
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I feel good about winning this game. They have a decent offense but wait until they see our D. 3 keys as we play these games 1 at a time. We must rebound, make shots, and defend like our hair is on fire as Carter and Shaq need to be on the floor and not be foul prone. It does not appear that Indiana has a great D. which I hope transcends us to score easier baskets. I never dreamed we would be seeded 7th but rather 5th or 6th. Oh well, beating a Big 10 team will be something we have done before at the Dance and that will be fun.

Comment

This is such a strange matchup from a seeding perspective. WSU was a consensus 5 seed with 6 as a worst case scenario, and IU was universally pegged as a "Last 4 In" team. Fate bumped us down two slots and moved them up a couple lines.

This could have been a 5/12 and nobody would have batted an eye. I am peeved at the nominal placement on the 7 line but can't argue with the opening round draw at all.

Comment

I hope Tekele posterizes Nick Zeisloft. He isn't done with Illinois State yet.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                Did I notice the Hoosiers have 13 quality losses?
                Yes you did. Wait you mean 13 quality wins. No you're right...13 quality losses. Hmmm....guess losing doesn't matter anymore. Lol

p.s. Imagine Wichita St. with "quality" 13 losses. I don't think we'd sniff the dance.
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

My biggest worry about matchups are the bigs... anyone that can take on Darius and win consistently would be a problem. Size-wise, IU looks like a good matchup for us.

Looks like their big guy is So. Troy Williams. 6-7, 206 (Stick?!?!?) averaging about 13 PPG. So he can score, but I think the bigger guys are the one's that mess with Darius. I guess we shall see. On paper.. I like it.

Comment

Dick V. thinks if he was KU, he would not want to play us. However, his counterparts think KU will beat us.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                      Yes you did. Wait you mean 13 quality wins. No you're right...13 quality losses. Hmmm....guess losing doesn't matter anymore. Lol

p.s. Imagine Wichita St. with "quality" 13 losses. I don't think we'd sniff the dance.
                      Play Angry picked us to win by 11 so we have the 11-11-11-Trivia conjecture covered.

Comment

Indiana hasn't been very good all year. I love the size matchup.

It'll all come down to Cotton vs. Yogi and how our shot is falling.

If we have an average or better shooting game, and Cotton does what we all know he's capable of, I could see us winning by 20. And considering Indiana's defense is absolutely atrocious (#216 KenPom Adj D), I think our offense doing well is very, very likely.

We're a vastly better team overall. Their offense is a bit better, but their defense isn't even in the same ballpark. We have a much better coach. The size matchup works for both teams -- but generally I think the lack of large, tough defenders inside means that Carter isn't going to have to worry about fouling and he's going to have a great offensive game. Our inside game is usually strong against teams our own size.

Pace is going to be interesting. Indiana plays a pretty up-tempo pace, and we absolutely do not this year. The difference between Indiana's #84 tempo versus our #298 is pretty massive.

78-63.
                        Originally posted by BleacherReport
                        Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Just wanted to jump on here to get a better feel for WSU nation and their mindset coming in. Tall task for my hoosiers on friday, but I was a little surprised at the level of confidence found here. "Not very good all year"? False. Solid non con season albeit somewhat weak competitio. Ranked for about a month in january before slumping badly in february. Really excited to see IU offense vs shocker D. Yogi can make this offense hum like few other teams in the nation are capable of and I understand the shockers can suffocate. Our starting center Perea hurt his knee in big ten tourney, status unknown. Should be a great game, looking forward to it. Best of luck.

Hoosiers-71
                          Shockers-68

Comment

P.S. who are your starting bigs?

Comment

Either:
                              IU 85
                              WSU 80

or

WSU 78
                              IU 58

Because IU can light it up at times, and sometimes my Hoosiers can really suck eggs.

Comment

Working...
                              X