Stunning news from ESPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stunning news from ESPN

Digger Phelps is still lacking brain activity.

It's really not a surprise at all but when discussing "in or out" for 5 bubble teams, Digger of course says in for all 5.

You just can't be in a big conference and not get in according to these brain dead morons.

Who were the 5 teams?

Comment

Kind of like Keitzman saying you have to let a .500 Oklahoma team in to the tourney. His words "You Just have to!"

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
        Kind of like Keitzman saying you have to let a .500 Oklahoma team in to the tourney. His words "You Just have to!"
        If it were up to him, Oklahoma would get in before the guaranteed seed from the MVC.

Comment

its just ignorance, thats all.
          ________
          The Simpsons Forums
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

Drake or Evansville would have to win 10 straight NCAA titles for the Valley to get any respect from some of these ignoramuses.

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO
              Drake or Evansville would have to win 10 straight NCAA titles for the Valley to get any respect from some of these ignoramuses.
              I'm sure they'd find a way to spin it so the first 9 were "just flukes."
              "You can observe a lot just by watching."
              -- Yogi Berra

Comment

ESPN is on a mission to hi-lite all the 6th & 7th place teams in big conferences in an effort to influence them into the tournament. You don't see any in or out analysis by Digger or Bilas on the really good 2nd or 3rd place teams in the mid-majors that are better teams.

Comment

There are 31 at-large bids to the tournament. If the Big Twelve get 5, The Pac 10 get 4, The Big Ten get 5, The ACC get 5, The Southeast get 5, and The Big East get 7. That means half of all the BCS Conferences get in. Oh and that adds up to 31 at-large bids to go with there 6 automatic bids. Kind of funny how that works out. That leaves 28 automatic bds for the other 28 conferences witch makes for a tourney made up of crap. Just my opinion. A coaches pep talk to his team in The Big East. If we can just finish eight in this conference we will be in the big dance that means we just have to win about half of our conference games. BOY HOWS THAT FOR MOTTAVATION.
                  First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Mississippi was another one Digger voted to be in. 19-9 & 5-9 in conference. Hmm all 9 losses came in conference, makes you wonder what high school teams they played during non-conference.

Comment

If you can't get to a .500 record in conference you have no business playing in the NCAA Tournament.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                        If you can't get to a .500 record in conference you have no business playing in the NCAA Tournament.
                        I personally think that should be a mandatory rule for selecting teams.

Comment

Ole Miss has non-conference wins over South Alabama (RPI: 29), New Mexico (RPI: 53) and Clemson (RPI: 24).

I don't think they are (or should be) in, though.

Comment

During half time of the UCLA vs Arizona game today, SIU was one of their bubble teams and someone (I forget who, I wanna say Seth Davis) counted SIU as an "In," he also mentioned The Valley would be getting 3 teams in.

Of course, this was CBS and not ESPN. I personally don't think SIU has a chance in hell of getting in as an at-large, but it's still nice seeing some love for SIU and The MVC.

Comment

I think Drake will be on the 'Cinderella' watch this year in the Big Dance.

Comment

Working...
                              X