Stunning news from ESPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snapshot9
    I think Drake will be on the 'Cinderella' watch this year in the Big Dance.
    Are you still a "Cinderella" if you're a 5 seed?

Comment

You're pretty much a Cinderella if you're not from a BcS conference
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
        You're pretty much a Cinderella if you're not from a BcS conference
        Or haven't been in the tourney in 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock
          During half time of the UCLA vs Arizona game today, SIU was one of their bubble teams and someone (I forget who, I wanna say Seth Davis) counted SIU as an "In," he also mentioned The Valley would be getting 3 teams in.

Of course, this was CBS and not ESPN. I personally don't think SIU has a chance in hell of getting in as an at-large, but it's still nice seeing some love for SIU and The MVC.
          It would be a wonderful accomplishment this year (in a down year) for the Valley to get 3 teams in.

Comment

The ONLY way I see 3 teams having a chance to get in goes as such.

Drake- They're a lock
            A team from that side of the bracket winning the auto bid (Creighton, Bradley.....US?)
            Ill. St makes it to the finals and gets an at-large.
            I think SIU needs the auto bid.

That being said I think we get 2 in IF Drake doesn't win the tourney.
            The Redbirds better make a good showing if Drake wins it or else we could only get 1.

Comment

Digger...

At College Gameday on March 1, in Phog Allen Fieldhouse, Digger Phelps showed off some moves with a KU Crimson Girl.

Comment

Here's an idea.

Join a "Big Time" conference. Spend the money. It ain't cheap.

Takes sack to be in the club. I don't know if that's a good thing but that's the way it is. Ask your buddy the Turd what it's like to compete night in and night out in a power conference.

Comment

And where will Martin be next year?

Comment

Re: Here's an idea.

Originally posted by BCSCat

Takes sack to be in the club. I don't know if that's a good thing but that's the way it is. Ask your buddy the Turd what it's like to compete night in and night out in a power conference.
                    He didn't exactly rule the Valley during his 7 year tenure. This peak in the non-con and late season swoon pattern is nothing new.

Comment

DIGGER just said that if you don't have a winning record in your conference, you don't belong in the tourney (was talking about TxTech)

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                        DIGGER just said that if you don't have a winning record in your conference, you don't belong in the tourney (was talking about TxTech)
                        :shock:
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Re: Here's an idea.

Originally posted by BCSCat

Kittens look like NCAA locks this year.

Keep up the good work! :good:
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Well, you'll know sometime Saturday, that it may apply to A&M as well. Do they make the Tourney at under .500 in conference? If A&M beats KU, are they in? KU has plenty to play for as well in the B12 title hunt. Could be one of the more interesting TV games this weekend. Will be interesting to see who some SNers root for, because you can't root for each to lose. :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                              Let's see if he sticks with that come selection Sunday. I bet he will ramble on and on how a team such as SIU shouldn't have gotten in and Texas A&M should have, even if they have a losing conference record.

Comment

Working...
                              X