Marshall to Spurs offseason rumors...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall to Spurs offseason rumors...

Overheard from a few friends... Obviously hoping Pop isn't retiring...
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

The Spurs have quite the checkbook and they are located in Texas, San Antonio to be exact.
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Spurs GM R.C. Buford is from Wichita and his parents still live here and regularly attend Shocker games.

This one may have legs.

Comment

I head that if Marshall goes to the Spurs we will receive Kawhi Leonard in compensation but he will have to play under the name Kawhi Sandcastle in order to be eligible.
        The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Nah he's going to the Knicks, see my post on his other thread.

Comment

Actually I heard Charles Koch is going to fund a new NBA franchise for Wichita, hire HCGM as head coach, sign Cle and Toure, draft Ron, then sign Fred and Tekele as free agents. Big Dog will be GM and Tyrone Shoelace will be DOBO.
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Spurs GM R.C. Buford is from Wichita and his parents still live here and regularly attend Shocker games.

This one may have legs.
              I saw Rob Kampman at my church a few times and I'm pretty sure he worked for the Spurs for a little while a long time ago, so I'm with you. This is something we should keep an eye on.

Comment

Honestly, an NBA gig seems more realistic than almost any college gig rumor. After Marshall's little speech after the game yesterday, I got the feeling that he still loves it here and isn't leaving for a long time. I'm still not worried.

Comment

You guys are pissing me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
                    You guys are pissing me off.
                    Check your meter?
                    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Can anybody here name five, let alone 15, NBA players, other than players 3G has coached, who are the type of individual that Coach Marshall would recruit? He has said his favorite thing is "teaching, and frankly, I'll give you all the other stuff."
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                        Actually I heard Charles Koch is going to fund a new NBA franchise for Wichita, hire HCGM as head coach, sign Cle and Toure, draft Ron, then sign Fred and Tekele as free agents. Big Dog will be GM and Tyrone Shoelace will be DOBO.
                        If Tyrone is DOBO, then what does Danny Ainge do?
                        I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                          Can anybody here name five, let alone 15, NBA players, other than players 3G has coached, who are the type of individual that Coach Marshall would recruit? He has said his favorite thing is "teaching, and frankly, I'll give you all the other stuff."
                          Tony Parker
                          Tim Duncan
                          Manu Ginobli
                          Kawhi Leonard
                          Patty Mills
                          Tiago Splitter
                          Boris Diaw

I can't remember anymore spurs players.
                          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

I don't know if this is a serious thread or not but my two cents says 3G ain't going anywhere while FVV is still his PG. After that, I'm not sure if he has the deep affection for any of this other players but I'm sure it's there for at least a couple of the freshmen.

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                              Tony Parker
                              Tim Duncan
                              Manu Ginobli
                              Kawhi Leonard
                              Patty Mills
                              Tiago Splitter
                              Boris Diaw

I can't remember anymore spurs players.
                              Don't forget Danny Green, Kyle Anderson (when he's not in D League) and Marco Belinelli :)
                              "Ralph Miller was one of the finest coaches in the history of intercollegiate basketball. His teams were always fundamentally sound, team oriented, well conditioned, and ran both their offense and defense with great patience. I know of no coach whose teams competed against his, whether it be at Wichita State, Iowa, or Oregon State, who did not have great respect for him."—John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                              X