A brief look ahead as we await the MVC tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wufan View Post
    I think that's a Thursday night team unless Baker, VanVleet, Cotton, and Carter are off the bench.
    Laughable if Marshall is the coach. 3G could take a juco transfer, a walk on, a butcher, a baker (not that Baker) and a candlestick maker and stay out of Thursday night at this point (and yes I'm aware of year 1 and 2 at WSU).

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Laughable if Marshall is the coach. 3G could take a juco transfer, a walk on, a butcher, a baker (not that Baker) and a candlestick maker and stay out of Thursday night at this point (and yes I'm aware of year 1 and 2 at WSU).
      Now that was funny while very true. Marshall is the best Coach here ever and may always be. He also looked so cleanly shaved yesterday that he may have more key recruiting ideas up his sleeve.

Wasn't Larry Bird a sanitation engineer before returning back to play at Indiana State and while being an impact player all the way up the basketball ladder.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        What about a team of SNers? :)
        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
          What about a team of SNers? :)
          Tyrone Shoelace can lead us to the promised land with 3G coaching.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
            Tyrone Shoelace can lead us to the promised land with 3G coaching.
            I was about to exclude @Tyrone Shoelace: because I'm not sure that would be fair to the Valley or the entire NCAA
            The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
              I was about to exclude @Tyrone Shoelace: because I'm not sure that would be fair to the Valley or the entire NCAA
              Perhaps, but @Tyrone Shoelace: neither invented nor taught FVV that sic crossover yesterday.

Speaking of that, did everyone see Fred dismiss the coaching staff and the other players when he saw UNI's defense? He just waved everyone off, pretty much saying "stay out of my way, I got this" and then just destroyed a really good defender in Matt Bohanon.
              Last edited by WuDrWu; March 1, 2015, 01:08 PM.

Comment

My projection for next years line up is a little different. So far, I am not seeing any evidence
                of an impact center coming in but I am more confident in RN than most of you. IMHO, he does
                have very good offensive skills inside and out. He knows he has to work on defense and I am
                sure he will in addition to adding ten pounds of muscle. Between he and BW we will have a
                couple pretty good backups to SM. In addition, I think by March CF will be starting at the two
                spot and RB will be rotating between all three perimeter positions. Like this year I think EW will
                play both four and three. The rest is a crap shoot for time at the three and the four between
                ZB, RK, MM, and EH. Now, I would expect the newbies to get PT in games we know we have
                control of and one or two will blossom early. Of the newbies I think MM and LS will step up.

Comment

Originally posted by Royalno5 View Post
                  Wessel will start at three next year.
                  And McDuffie will back him up.

Comment

My only thought on this is if we want more big guys for next year then it is likely we are looking at 3 transferring out, which is a lot for 3G. Normally that number is one. I will be a little surprised if any of or current recruits go to Sunrise, as the only two who could do that are also both top 100 recruits in their own right. Seems like a big gamble to dangle them out there at a prep academy. Even if it is one in our own city.
                    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                      My only thought on this is if we want more big guys for next year then it is likely we are looking at 3 transferring out, which is a lot for 3G. Normally that number is one. I will be a little surprised if any of or current recruits go to Sunrise, as the only two who could do that are also both top 100 recruits in their own right. Seems like a big gamble to dangle them out there at a prep academy. Even if it is one in our own city.
                      Rauno is 6'10". Bush 6'11", Eric Hamilton is 6'9", and Markis is 6'9", with the potential to reach 6'11" per his coach. I know only one of those guys is a true 5, but that hasn't stopped HCGM from having players play a different position.

I will beliieve we are going after another big when I see him signed.
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                        And McDuffie will back him up.
                        I expect Markis and Eric to play primarily at the 4, along with Rashard and Tevin.

Zach and Evan at the 3 primarily.

Shaq, Rauno and Bush at the 5.

Fred, Tyrone primarily at the 1

Ron, Conner, Corey, Ri'an, and Landry at combo 1/2.

CLE was a natural 3 also, don't forget.
                        Last edited by jocoshock; March 1, 2015, 08:18 PM.
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I am not convinced that we can/will go into next year with Shaq, Nurger, and big Bush at the 5. All of them have questions.

Comment

It's interesting that mostly Marshall puts a five on the floor that consist of a PG, a combo guard, a guard/forward, a stretch 4, and a Post Forward.

Small forwards playing the 4 under Marshall consist of: Wessel, Early, Smith, Ellis (?). Guards playing the three are even more numerous (Hatch, Murry, Wiggins, Cotton).

That's why I think McDuffie will play the 4 at WSU. Not sure if Hamilton or Nurger can ever be posts or if they are stretch 4s as well.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Henderson and Holland have not shown very much, either.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                I am not convinced that we can/will go into next year with Shaq, Nurger, and big Bush at the 5. All of them have questions.
                                No questions for Shaq.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X