25-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25-3

The last time we were 25-3 was the 82-83 season.

Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

And with a 17-1 conference record. Destiny?

Comment

Well, I have a feeling this team will go further in the NCAA Tournament than that team did. :)

Comment

Looking at those stats, I forgot just how good Karl Papke was.

Comment

Geez....3 guys shooting over 57% from the field. If not for that horrible game at ISU (and the awful screw job late that cost us the game) that team would have been unbeaten in conference.

3 guys over 57%.....I wonder how we ever lost. Actually the first game of the season against NO was without AC. Memphis was a little too good on the road.

Comment

And if that team hadn't been on probation, Cliff would have stayed most likely. Jeebus, that would have easily been a team capable of winning it all.
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

All those stars. One of the best role players, in my opinion, was James Gibbs. Never really did a lot until his senior year but he was a steadying influence on a team full of thoroughbreds.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                The last time we were 25-3 was the 82-83 season.

And played 6 of those games without AC (stress fracture).
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

That squad should be compared to the UNLV squad that won it all with Larry Johnson, Stacey Augmon, and Greg Anthony. Too bad the chickenhawks put our program in the bighouse. To this day...I still believe we would've won the National Championship with all those guys.
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                    That squad should be compared to the UNLV squad that won it all with Larry Johnson, Stacey Augmon, and Greg Anthony. Too bad the chickenhawks put our program in the bighouse. To this day...I still believe we would've won the National Championship with all those guys.
                    They beat the USSR without AC. They were damn good.
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Not that he ended up being huge here, but I had forgotten Gilbert Wilburn....

Comment

Can't remember the seven foot centers name from Kapaun that transferred to KU and went pro
                        but with him and Levingston we were the equivalent this years Kentucky team.............NOONE
                        would have beat us

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                          Can't remember the seven foot centers name from Kapaun that transferred to KU and went pro
                          but with him and Levingston we were the equivalent this years Kentucky team.............NOONE
                          would have beat us
                          Greg Dreiling
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                            would have beat us
                            Don't know if you're being facetious or not but that was Greg Dreiling. The guy was just huge. He had some of the biggest hands in the NCAA which made rebounding and catching the ball under the basket even easier. He was a beast. I was stunned he transferred to KU.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                              Don't know if you're being facetious or not but that was Greg Dreiling. The guy was just huge. He had some of the biggest hands in the NCAA which made rebounding and catching the ball under the basket even easier. He was a beast. I was stunned he transferred to KU.
                              I don't know why you would be stunned. The flagship gave his girlfriend a scholarship and WSU gave his sister a scholarship. Which would you choose to be in close proximity to?

Comment

Working...
                              X