No announcement yet.

Gregg Marshall Court

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with pogo and vote no for one simple reason. Winthrop went in that direction with Marshall as a way to get him to sign a long term deal. It made him feel like an indentured servant (coach's words). I am not saying this is the same thing, but it might trigger memories or feelings buried and more less forgotten with the coach. Kind of like seeing your name on your own headstone... :-)

We already have Marshallville. Why not just make that a permanent structure?
    Last edited by jocoshock; February 20, 2015, 10:48 AM.
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
      I agree with pogo and vote no for one simple reason. Winthrop went in that direction with Marshall as a way to get him to sign a long term deal. It made him feel like an indentured servant (coach's words). I am not saying this is the same thing, but it might trigger memories or feelings buried and more less forgotten with the coach. Kind of like seeing your name on your own headstone... :-)

We already have Marshallville. Why not just make that a permanent structure?
      It was the iron clad long term deal that made him feel like an indentured servant, not them renaming the court after him.

Personally, I'd like to wait for his first national title.
      You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
        It was the iron clad long term deal that made him feel like an indentured servant, not them renaming the court after him.

Personally, I'd like to wait for his first national title.
        I think that is what I said.. still would rather not go there for a long time. :-)
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

My vote is for the new sky boxes to be called "Marshall Sky is the Limit Boxes" aka Marshall Sky Boxes
          From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

It will happen.
            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
              I think that is what I said.. still would rather not go there for a long time. :-)
              Right, but i was just trying to highlight that we'd do it as a gesture of how great we think he is, as opposed to being some carrot to get him to stay longer.
              You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

I heard on sports talk radio the other day (I live in North Carolina), a Tar Heel caller say they wanted Roy Williams out and should hire Gregg Marshall. Let that sink in, there are North Carolina Tar Heel fans that are jealous of the Wichita State Shocker basketball program.

Comment

I can already picture the Gregg Marshall is not a State tshirts in Springfield

Comment

Working...
                  X