WSU AT ILLINOIS STATE PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU AT ILLINOIS STATE PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Here's the deal. Let's set the stage for the tough-luv-fest on Valentines Day. The Redbirds will be in a fowl mood after being taken to the cleaners tonight at UNI. We can relate. The birds had them beat at home but missed the front end of 1 and 1. Illinois State gave us a tough game here and play well at home with their talented squad. These 2 teams seem to get fired up when playing against each other so here we go again. There is nothing normal when we visit them in Normal. The Redbirds do have some good players inside and at least 3 skillful guards that we will need to contend with. We need Carter and Shaq to have solid games and our team needs to clean glass. Look for Baker to have a nice game and lead us to a close win while FVV hands out assists like Romeo hands out red roses to the dames on such a game as this will be on such a day. We really need this win and it won't come easy as we win by 7!!!!!!!

Cotton and Stutz------------- 72

Carmichael and Wilkins----- 65
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Their guards are in for a real tough night.

Final Fours and Sweet Sixteens 67,
    NCAA Revenue Unit Vampires 63

Comment

WSU 64
      IlSt 61
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

If you had us losing any Valley games this year, you probably considered @UNI, @Evansville, @Indiana St and @Illinois St.

Well, here we are. I think it's going to be a win, but it's one to keep an eye on.

Comment

Redbirds- at least two cheap shots.
          Shockers- no cheap shots

Comment

I have a good feeling about this one. I think the Shocks win by 12-15.

Go Shocks!
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
              I have a good feeling about this one. I think the Shocks win by 12-15.

Go Shocks!
              Wish I had what you are feeling...I don't see that at all....that said....

Gene Smithson Black/Gold 60
              Gene Smithson Red/White 59

Comment

Comparison from StatSheet

http://
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Incinerators - 75
                  Trash - 60

Comment

Guess who leads our team in blocks? "Ron the Maker with 20 blocks Baker" followed closely by "welcome back Carter and Shaq is back Morris" with 19. Chalk up "Fred Van rock thief, Van Triple Double, Van Assist" with the lead as usual in steals and assists. When your point guard has 45 steals with only 38 turnovers you know our beloved Shockers have solid leadership. Now add FVV's 137 total assists and it puts a perspective on things. Cotton keeps guarding our foes best players and scored 16 last night. These 3 players are always helping us in our 22-3 record with 8 new players. In a game like the one with the Redbirds, I'm hoping Carter and Shaq can be on the court longer than their average of around 21 and 12-13 minutes a game as usual. Part of this has been foul trouble but we need their presence in the games more and more when we play teams with a tough inside presence such as the Redbirds and UNI, etc.. This will even be more glaring at the Dance where most every team will have tall timber that can really play. Speaking of rebounds, Carter leads us with 136, followed by FVV with 106, Baker with 99 and Cotton with 92. These may not be exact but very close calculations. With the stats mentioned here we can better understand the term "3-headed-monsta."
                    Last edited by forevershockerfan; February 12, 2015, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                      Guess who leads our team in blocks? "Ron the Maker with 20 blocks Baker" followed closely by "welcome back Carter and Shaq is back Morris" with 19. Chalk up "Fred Van rock thief, Van Triple Double, Van Assist" with the lead as usual in steals and assists. When your point guard has 45 steals with only 38 turnovers you know our beloved Shockers have solid leadership. Now add FVV's 137 total assists and it puts a perspective on things. Cotton keeps guarding our foes best players and scored 16 last night. These 3 players are always helping us in our 22-3 record with 8 new players. In a game like the one with the Redbirds, I'm hoping Carter and Shaq can be on the court longer than their average of around 21 and 12-13 minutes a game as usual. Part of this has been foul trouble but we need their presence in the games more and more when we play teams with a tough inside presence such as the Redbirds and UNI, etc.. This will even be more glaring at the Dance where most every team will have tall timber that can really play. Speaking of rebounds, Carter leads us with 136, followed by FVV with 106, Baker with 99 and Cotton with 92. These may not be exact but very close calculations. With the stats mentioned here we better understand the term "3-headed-monsta."
                      The "Welcome back Carter" just cracked me up and made my Fruity Pebbles and milk come out of my nose.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                        The "Welcome back Carter" just cracked me up and made my Fruity Pebbles and milk come out of my nose.
                        I used to watch the flick "Welcome back Kotter" and they played that song over and over and it sticks to my lil pea brain. Remember the episode when they had grass in the car, heard the cops sireeens and ate it all, pulled over, and the police just kept on going after somebody else. Now that was a kick in the head with is betta than a swift kick to the grapes of wrath. As Mr. Shoelace used to say--"that can be very painful." YIKES!!!!!!!

Comment

We've got this game @Illinois St, then @SIU, host Evansville, @Indiana St and host UNI to complete the regular season. We are 22-3 right now and currently projected as a 4 seed on ESPN. If I'm being conservative, and saying we will finish 4-1 or 3-2, then the most likely candidates for losses are the home game against UNI, followed by this game.

I actually think the Shockers will win out, in my infinite optimism, but even if we only go 3-2 down this stretch, we finish the regular season 25-5 and will probably be around a 6 seed. If we do win out and get 3 more wins in St. Louis, we would be 30-3 and solidly in the top 10 / 2-3 seed territory.

I think it's safe to say this season has been a very good one, and not really even much of a rebuild in spite of the newcomers taking the slow track to relevance. I'm past the point of hoping someone will "emerge" to take us over the top, but I'm still happy with where we are. You never know what mysteries will unfold in the Dance :)

Oh, and:
                          Shocks - 65
                          Lynch Mob - 57

Cotton has another big game. I think we all know Coach wants to make sure he fulfills his destiny this year of surpassing 1000 pts. Anyone else think Ron was beginning to try to accomplish that last night? I predict that Ron will become awfulling willing to dish the ball to TKO until he hits that career mark.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                            I think we all know Coach wants to make sure he fulfills his destiny this year of surpassing 1000 pts. Anyone else think Ron was beginning to try to accomplish that last night? I predict that Ron will become awfulling willing to dish the ball to TKO until he hits that career mark.
                            Personally, while I think Coach and Players are generally aware of TKO's situation, I seriously doubt they are giving it a 2nd thought. I am pretty sure their focus will be almost totally on what they need to do to win the game with very little thought or concern given to making sure TKO gets to 1,000 points.

If it is TKO's destiny to score 1,000 points then by definition it will happen. No need to think about it.

Comment

I thought Darius looked really good against Indiana State. Hopefully, his back issues are resolved. The Shocks are a much, much better team with Darius functioning at 100%

I agree with @DJ06Shocker: that Illinois State is a dangerous team and will require the Shocks full attention to come away from Normal with a win. I'm not going read too much into them losing 2 in a row. Both were road games. The Redbirds generally play well at home and they had UNI beat at home before giving the game away late. No doubt the Redbirds and their fans will be primed and ready to go for the Shocks.

No prediction, but I am expecting a tough game.

Comment

Working...
                              X