WSU AT ILLINOIS STATE PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
    While you're correct in that that's where the bad feelings started, I believe Jankovich was still the coach then. That was a very interesting game all around, with Stutz getting T'd up for barely even reacting to the dirty play going on. John Higgins had maybe one of his worst games ever.

It's very unfortunate because Illinois State fans have usually been pretty good and nice, and Illinois State used to be the second favorite team in the league for many Shocker fans.
    First of of, thanks to our good Doc for the kind words about the "Ghost of Rick Lamb" and I am elated that he posted here because outside of the SN Family, he has been my favorite poster. Just as Fever suggested, such intelligent and respectful posters from the outside are always welcomed here.

The Wilkens mugging on Stutz literally stunk because after all of the abuse administered, Stutz just looked at him and said "what" and got sucked into the double foul. Remember how Stutz was treated? Was there ever a time at 7'0" he got away with a touch foul? This here Valley we play in does us few favors if any even though we make them lots of bread. As far as Muller, I don't ever remember us beating him as a player and don't remember him defeating our beloved Shocks as their Coach. Not sure these memories are accurate.

Speaking of Coaches, I had no idea that GORL was a former College Coach and I am impressed now even more. With that said, this is going to be a very tough game Sat, night. Throw all the experts lines out the window. A game like this has emotions at a premium. Who wants it more? The Redbirds are hungry for a win and would embellish defeating us. Our Shocks have solid leadership to match their emotions and need this game more than we might now understand. Which way will the ball bounce and who will end up with the loose balls up for grabs.? How will the game be called? Which team is hot and which is not? Who will make their free-throws, especially down the stretch and get the most rebounds? We all have our opinions, but this is why we play the game and that is to find out the accurate answers when the dust clears and the final horn blows.
    Last edited by forevershockerfan; February 13, 2015, 06:35 PM.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      I really hope we get to hear from @Ghost of Rick Lamb:, @cpamel and @Phantom: before game time. 3 class acts but sadly, nearly forgotten members of what was an extraordinarily likable fanbase.
      Definitely. With regards to the Redbird fanbase, those few represent the title of one of my favorite movies: "A Few Good Men". I made the mistake of visiting their message board which did nothing more than verify my distinct dislike for their fans--with similar sentiments for their coach.
      Last edited by shocksrbest; February 13, 2015, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        I got a good 'kick' out of this thread; well, it only took them 3 years to see the light...

"This is the first look at that play where it looks like Jackie deliberately stuck his leg out in Cotton's direction. Past angles were much more blurry and suggested he was in the act of rebounding. Much as I hate Wichita, I might do a 180 on this play. That said, I am still baffled how the officials could initially let play continue without so much as a foul call on Jackie, only to revisit with a review AFTER Johnny Hill had drawn a foul at the other end."

http://www.redbirdfan.net/forum/view...php?f=6&t=7382
        image.jpg

Comment

Saint Valentine's Day Massacre II

Marshall's "Untouchables" - 69

Muller's Thugs - 54*

* the Shockers send five of the bench player reserves to the hospital and the starting five, to the morgue.

Comment

Shockers open as a 4 point favorite.

Comment

WSU 128
              Illinois State boxers 23
              Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

In that thread, lot of them are actually agreeing that it was intentional. However for some reason, they still enjoy watching it? Even though it helped cost them the game... Lol

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Yes he is back as is Devaughn Akoon-Purcell, the Redbird's 2nd leading scorer, who also missed the Shocker game. Both have been playing for the past few weeks. I believe the Redbirds will be at full strength.
                  You're right that Hawkins and Purcell have both played recently after not playing in our game. Reggie Lynch was also hampered by a bad back during our previous game and we won by only 10. If all three of those players are at 100% we better hope our shooting is spot on. I don't worry so much about our defense. However, I might have to eat my words in that regard if Lynch is playing at 100% and is being guarded by Carter/Morris/Nurger. You never know how the refs are going to call the play under the basket. If our post players get in early foul trouble -----. This game could very well hinge on how the refs call the game.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerEngineer View Post
                    I read through the rest of that thread, and I find their hate for Ron hilarious.
                    You typically hate people that absolutely own you.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                      In that thread, lot of them are actually agreeing that it was intentional. However for some reason, they still enjoy watching it? Even though it helped cost them the game... Lol
                      Illinois State education for ya.

Shows the colors of their fanbase. They'd rather get a laugh at a thug move than win the basketball game. It truly represents those people perfectly.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I had this one down as one of our two Valley loses, but, now can't get myself to predict a Shocker loss - We win by 12.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          Illinois State education for ya.

Shows the colors of their fanbase. They'd rather get a laugh at a thug move than win the basketball game. It truly represents those people perfectly.
                          This is what happens to a fan base after nearly 2 decades of college basketball irrelevance. It is rather pathetic.
                          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

I hope they don't wear those harlem globe trotter shorts. Our guys will be laughing so much that they won't be able to make shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                              This is what happens to a fan base after nearly 2 decades of college basketball irrelevance. It is rather pathetic.
                              I take it you weren't around from about 1990 to 2005.

Comment

After reading their fan forum, that has to be the most classless, low life group of fans I've ever seen.

Comment

Working...
                                X