Feb 28th WSU vs UNI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feb 28th WSU vs UNI

It is highly possible that Feb 28th we could be watching the 26-3 Shockers vs the 27-2 Panthers with the MVC crown on the line. How nuts is that? If a few teams stumble it is possible both teams could be ranked in the top 10. Where would that rank in all time biggest MVC games? UNI has a pretty easy schedule to get to that point, so I don't expect them to lose. WSU has a few tough games, but they SHOULD win them. Crazy to think that there could be such a huge game in the Valley. I'm excited!

Very premature discussion. There is a TON of basketball to be played before we get there. Bad karma to look so far ahead.
    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Delete ASAP.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I see that the thread Nazis are already out in full force.

This is a message board for goodness sake. Enough with the attempts to shut down discussions. Don't like a thread? There are plenty of others. Go try them and leave the ones you aren't interested in alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
          Very premature discussion. There is a TON of basketball to be played before we get there. Bad karma to look so far ahead.
          I second this...
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Regarding the original post, would it be fair to say that we could be looking at the biggest MVC conference game of the past 3 decades? I'm having a hard time thinking of another game in the last 30 years that would be able to compete for that title.

Last year's senior night vs MSU to get to 31-0 was historic. An argument could be made that 10 years from now, it will be the more remembered game of the two. I guess it just depends what your criteria are for "biggest game".

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post

This is a message board for goodness sake. Enough with the attempts to shut down discussions. Don't like a thread? There are plenty of others. Go try them and leave the ones you aren't interested in alone.
              Thread Nazis?

Why don't we just start a thread about what kind of flowers you like too? That's about as relevant as this thread is right now.

Thanks for adding to the discussion yourself though.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post

I will take your advice to move on and encourage others to do the same. Under normal circumstances a thread like this would die a natural death, but something tells me it will be kept on artificial life support.

That's all I have to say. Moving on now...
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

It's definitely on WSU to make this a big game. Without a doubt we have the much more tall order to stay unblemished until then. Especially since we have hit a bit of a mid-season funk. But I wouldn't be shocked if both teams have more losses. Much more likely, however, for UNI to be sitting at 1 loss than the Shox, unfortunately.

Comment

If there were ever a reason for Gameday to come here, this would be it (aside from the whole 31-0 thing). If we both win out, that's two potential Top 10-15 teams playing winner-take-all for a conference title. Would be fun.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I don't think we'll both run the table up to this game. We'll need to pick up our level of play for that to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
                        The game is in 3 weeks. Here on shockernet we periodically talk about things that will happen next year or the year after lol. I understand that this is looking ahead, but as a fan there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I guarantee the team isn't looking ahead and that is all that matters. This board gets boring often. It is the same conversations and same threads over and over again. It is ok to spice it up from time to time. If you don't want to talk about it, don't. Simple as that. There is an decent chance this scenario pans out, so I want to talk about it and I am sure there are others that want to too. There is a decent chance it doesn't pan out this way too, but it is a fun thing to think about as a fan!

Comment

Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                          The game is in 3 weeks. Here on shockernet we periodically talk about things that will happen next year or the year after lol. I understand that this is looking ahead, but as a fan there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I guarantee the team isn't looking ahead and that is all that matters. This board gets boring often. It is the same conversations and same threads over and over again. It is ok to spice it up from time to time. If you don't want to talk about it, don't. Simple as that. There is an decent chance this scenario pans out, so I want to talk about it and I am sure there are others that want to too. There is a decent chance it doesn't pan out this way too, but it is a fun thing to think about as a fan!
                          Yeah, I don't get why people are saying this thread should be deleted... If nothing else, I'm excited for this game since we'll get our chance at revenge against UNI for the recent game.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            Thread Nazis?

Why don't we just start a thread about what kind of flowers you like too? That's about as relevant as this thread is right now.

Thanks for adding to the discussion yourself though.
                            As Jhook89 already said, this game is just 3 weeks away. I think it is very relevant to a WSU discussion board.

Oh, and check the post right before yours before you try to imply that I didn't try to contribute to the discussion.

Comment

When I think of red letter games I think of our matchup with SIU at home with Jenn Sterger making an appearance. SIU spanked our ass.
                              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
                              X