In-Game Presentation and Promotions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-Game Presentation and Promotions

Since their is nothing to complain about with the product on the court, I guess we'll have to result to complaining with the product surrounding it.

The two big ones at the moment:
    - Timeout promotions
    - Floor "crew"

I know others that are of interest are:
    - (Organized) Crowd and Student Section participation
    - Audio

Things I think would be nice additions:
    - Lights (like they do for starting line ups)
    - Game announcer (Look to bring up the energy at least)

Seriously, If you run a college program wouldn't you want to make damn sure you had the absolute BEST product out there? Like I said, the product on the court is world class; time to bring the rest of it up to the same level.
    The Assman

If by "lights" you are referring to lamp shutters then I am all on board for that. Would really focus energy during intros. Not sure why it hasn't happened yet. Sure, it is a cost, but we're a pretty well-to-do AD with respect to the non-football, non-P5 subset.

The sound has drastically improved as of 3 games back now. Black and white.

Comment

The "fake" sound meter is played during the middle of a timeout, followed by the band, then the team breaks huddle to mild applause. WTF??????
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I was in Springfield and that student section blows ours out of the water. Even though most of them are idiots they do have a few great coordinated chants and they just seemed more overall into the game than ours does. Their dance team is a whole lot better too but that's probably not as easily fixed.

But the whole point is that if D2 SWOMO State can have these things why can't we?

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
          The "fake" sound meter is played during the middle of a timeout, followed by the band, then the team breaks huddle to mild applause. WTF??????
          The sound meter is indeed still fake as hell. Sorry SB, but you were wrong the other day. It's still not a real meter.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
            I was in Springfield and that student section blows ours out of the water. Even though most of them are idiots they do have a few great coordinated chants and they just seemed more overall into the game than ours does. Their dance team is a whole lot better too but that's probably not as easily fixed.

But the whole point is that if D2 SWOMO State can have these things why can't we?
            Our student section is also pretty good when Top 15 teams come to town.

Just sayin'.

Comment

Bingo.

Our studen section sucks giant balls. No organization. No creativity. No sustainment.

Top 20 basketball program with a Bottom 100 student section. Embarrassing.

Somebody needs to step up and take charge.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

You're judging them by their Super Bowl, though. Go there any other night and you might have a different opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                  If by "lights" you are referring to lamp shutters then I am all on board for that. Would really focus energy during intros. Not sure why it hasn't happened yet. Sure, it is a cost, but we're a pretty well-to-do AD with respect to the non-football, non-P5 subset.
                  This may be too much to ask for, but a kid can dream

The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                    Our student section is also pretty good when Top 15 teams come to town.

Just sayin'.
                    Decent point but Gonzaga's blows ours out of the water while playing the likes of San Diego, Portland, and LOLoyla Marymount, among others.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      Decent point but Gonzaga's blows ours out of the water while playing the likes of San Diego, Portland, and LOLoyla Marymount, among others.
                      And that's fine. But that wasn't the comparison. I do not argue that there is an awful lot of room for improvement.

Comment

Bingo.

Our studen section sucks giant balls. No organization. No creativity. No sustainment.

We need to send them to Bishop Carroll during football season for some real training. Seriously

Comment

Bingo.

Again, too much to ask for. Dare to dream!!

(Football I know, but note the passion)

The Assman

Comment

HEY ERIC SEXTON!!!

Give me a call and I will come in and become both:
                            - Director of Crowd Participation and Student Involvement
                            - VP of Game Production/Promotions

I'LL HAVE THAT PLACE ROCKIN' BY NEXT WEEK!!!
                            The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                              And that's fine. But that wasn't the comparison. I do not argue that there is an awful lot of room for improvement.
                              I get what you're saying. I'm a little slow.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X