Darius Carter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darius Carter

Has anyone heard any update on how he is doing? I feel confident he can sit the Loyola game if necessary, but am wondering as to his progress.

Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
    Has anyone heard any update on how he is doing? I feel confident he can sit the Loyola game if necessary, but am wondering as to his progress.
    I tell you what. Marshall's players are tough as hell! We will play if needed and if significant injury isn't a concern.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Sully says he feels fine, practiced today, and will play tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
        Good news.

Comment

Darius "Good News" Carter?

Comment

Well that was quick. I'd like the name and number of the doctor that fixed his back. My wife has one wicked spine that could use some fixing.

Comment

Thanks. Good to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                Well that was quick. I'd like the name and number of the doctor that fixed his back. My wife has one wicked spine that could use some fixing.
                I am not even going there. Tempting, but I will not respond.

Comment

This seems surprising. My understanding of back spasms is that they are typically caused by a torn ligament which definitely takes time to heal. I'm hoping he doesn't exacerbate the issue for short term goals when he will be critical come March.
                  "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

Originally posted by jpshocker View Post
                    This seems surprising. My understanding of back spasms is that they are typically caused by a torn ligament which definitely takes time to heal. I'm hoping he doesn't exacerbate the issue for short term goals when he will be critical come March.
                    They probably send him to one of these guys for treatment... always does wonders for me. :)

Actually someone asked Marshall on the coaches show and he said it wasn't a Chiropractor and wasn't sure of the name... likely an Osteopath.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

As someone who has had back spasms, I can tell you they are no fun and when they hit they can stop you mid-stride and literally take your breath away. Can't imagine even an athlete in really good condition being able to play bb with that ailment. Since the reports I have heard are, I believe, second and third hand information, I (meaning the rank and file) really do not know the extent of his ailment; however, I can't believe the coaching staff and trainer would allow him to play if it could mean he would be unavailable down the stretch (particularly this weekend). In Marshall we must trust.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                        As someone who has had back spasms, I can tell you they are no fun and when they hit they can stop you mid-stride and literally take your breath away. Can't imagine even an athlete in really good condition being able to play bb with that ailment. Since the reports I have heard are, I believe, second and third hand information, I (meaning the rank and file) really do not know the extent of his ailment; however, I can't believe the coaching staff and trainer would allow him to play if it could mean he would be unavailable down the stretch (particularly this weekend). In Marshall we must trust.
                        I can occur with that. They can be excruciating and certainly can be debilitating. OTOH, there are no doubt varying degrees of severity.

Comment

Originally posted by jpshocker View Post
                          Not sure about a torn ligament causing back spasm. Very possible. In mamy cases (maybe most) and in my case it had to do with a pinched or inflamed nerve situation.

A back spasm is a contraction of muscles in the back as a result of muscle injury, stress, or irritation. Learn more.

Comment

FYI, coach only said that he had a stiff back. It was Shaq that said back spasms. If he is back up and running already, then coach's description is probably more acurate.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                              Dopps, cuz the pain stops with dopps...lol

Comment

Working...
                              X