Question about Valley Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shockeriffic View Post
    Sitting in the middle of the WSU block helps when you stand for defense for the first 10 minutes of a game. They can't force an entire section to sit down.
    lol I have had this issue a few times with almost entirely empty sections of other teams' fans. One fat Evansvillain almost came to blows because the usher just shrugged when I said it wasn't our fault Missouri State couldn't score after about 8 minutes of play.

Sitting with WSU fans is amazing. Sitting at center court courtesy of the scalpers is amazing. The only option that sucks is taking whatever the ticket window sticks you with on gameday.

Comment

Buying scalped tickets was fine and dandy when I was a poor college kid or poor just out of college kid and we never made it out of game 1 or 2...and I know a lot of people who buy scalped ones for the very reason of not wanting to be stuck in the corner of the end zone. I purchase the all session passes and get decent seats now and due to the fact that I can sell the sessions I don't attend and make half my money back. It ends up being much cheaper to buy the all session for $139. The last couple of years I've sold Thursday tickets for $20 each and the session we don't play in on Friday for $40 - $50 each...so we attend 3 sessions for a total of $69 per person....much cheaper than you'll normally find good scalped tickets for. Heck, a few years ago when Drake made the finals I sold 8 tickets to the Sunday game alone for $1000. Drake fans didn't have a clue what Sunday tickets should be worth..lol

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
        Buying scalped tickets was fine and dandy when I was a poor college kid or poor just out of college kid and we never made it out of game 1 or 2...and I know a lot of people who buy scalped ones for the very reason of not wanting to be stuck in the corner of the end zone. I purchase the all session passes and get decent seats now and due to the fact that I can sell the sessions I don't attend and make half my money back. It ends up being much cheaper to buy the all session for $139. The last couple of years I've sold Thursday tickets for $20 each and the session we don't play in on Friday for $40 - $50 each...so we attend 3 sessions for a total of $69 per person....much cheaper than you'll normally find good scalped tickets for. Heck, a few years ago when Drake made the finals I sold 8 tickets to the Sunday game alone for $1000. Drake fans didn't have a clue what Sunday tickets should be worth..lol
        I bought my Final Four tickets from the University and of course got both sessions. I used my guardian number and had great seats, I am embarrassed about how much we sold them to lewisville fans for...lets just say that we paid for our whole trip, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
          lol I have had this issue a few times with almost entirely empty sections of other teams' fans. One fat Evansvillain almost came to blows because the usher just shrugged when I said it wasn't our fault Missouri State couldn't score after about 8 minutes of play.
          That's Aces1982 for ya.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Furgeson View Post
            I bought my Final Four tickets from the University and of course got both sessions. I used my guardian number and had great seats, I am embarrassed about how much we sold them to lewisville fans for...lets just say that we paid for our whole trip, lol.
            Sounds similar to my experience in Atlanta. I was besieged with Louisville and Michigan fans trying to purchase my ticket. I ended up selling the championship ticket to a Michigan alum who said he worked on Wall Street (I almost dropped a turd); I just love it when someone flashes a ‘gigantic’ wad of Benjamin’s and says “just name your price”. It sure took some of the sting out of the loss. :)
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Furgeson View Post
              Oh, I know exactly what you're talking about... (True Story) TSA and Federal Marshalls pulled me aside when I went through screening at the ATL airport on my way home...that's all I got to say about that.

Comment

Oh, I know exactly what you're talking about... (True Story) TSA and Federal Marshalls pulled me aside when I went through screening at the ATL airport on my way home...that's all I got to say about that.
                Marty, did you convert the Benjamins to rolls of quarters and stuff them in your pants? Again? :)
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

It wasn't quarters and they weren't in his pants.

Comment

I too was at the Final 4. It was obsurd, besides the $. Before Syracuse and Michigan even got on the court to start warming up, you already had dudes offering hundreds for them.

Comment

Dear Shocker Fans,
                      There are still seats available to the Men’s and Women’s Missouri Valley Conference Championships. The men’s tickets are $159 for all-session tickets and the women’s tickets are $59 for all-session tickets. We will be taking priority orders into the first weeks in February.
                      To purchase tickets come by the Shocker ticket office between 8:30am and 5pm Monday-Friday, at the games before the end of halftime, or by calling 978-FANS(3267). All tickets will be allocated based on your priority points.
                      Go Shockers!
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                        Dear Shocker Fans,
                        There are still seats available to the Men’s and Women’s Missouri Valley Conference Championships. The men’s tickets are $159 for all-session tickets and the women’s tickets are $59 for all-session tickets. We will be taking priority orders into the first weeks in February.
                        To purchase tickets come by the Shocker ticket office between 8:30am and 5pm Monday-Friday, at the games before the end of halftime, or by calling 978-FANS(3267). All tickets will be allocated based on your priority points.
                        Go Shockers!
                        I think that Shockers fans have found out the best way to get good seats for the money is to not pre-buy.

Comment

Working...
                        X