Question about Valley Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Valley Tournament

I have never been able to go in the past due to work obligations, but I am going to be able to this year. I talked to the ticket office yesterday and they said you need to order tickets through them by Feb. 2 to be in the WSU block. Question. Do your seats in the WSU block get assigned by when you place your order, or are you seated based on SASO level, money donated, season ticket holder, etc??? For example, do the people that donate more money and have season tickets get better seats, even if they don't turn in an order until Feb 2??

Thanks a lot for your help. I appreciate it.

Seating is assigned on a point system based on money given, years of buying season tickets, etc. Buying early doesn't matter.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Feel free to delete this, because it really isn't pro-Shocker, but when it comes to the Valley tournament in the past I have found it best to not pre-order. Scalpers are everywhere, you can typically get tickets from losing teams or even scalpers for far cheaper. Especially if you are looking at getting stuck in the upper bowl or something. It is easy to jump seats and if you do it my way you can easily get your tickets for under $100 for all sessions.

Comment

I'm in the same situation as a first-timer. I went ahead and ordered through WSU a day before the prices jumped up. I guess I'll take whatever seats they give me. If I choose to go in future years, maybe I'll approach it differently, but I don't like leaving for a trip if all arrangements have not been made.

Comment

I certainly understand, but I will say, my approach is very low risk. The tournament never sells out, so at worst you could just buy them at the gate.

Comment

It all depends on who you are ok sitting with. For my family, we understand we could get closer by buying from the fine fellas on the street or through the arena ticket office, but gosh darn it, I want to sit in the middle of a sea of yellow and black. You risk sitting somewhere unfriendly otherwise.

Comment

Ya you cant walk downtown by the arena for 100 feet without one of the scalper asking "you got tickets" and no im not exaggerating.
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I have been going since 99 only missed once. DO NOT pre buy tickets!!! for he best seats buy from scalpers or losing teams fans. I have sat in what you would consider the best seats in the house and never paid more than $60 a seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                  It all depends on who you are ok sitting with. For my family, we understand we could get closer by buying from the fine fellas on the street or through the arena ticket office, but gosh darn it, I want to sit in the middle of a sea of yellow and black. You risk sitting somewhere unfriendly otherwise.
                  Lately the whole arena is a sea of yellow

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                    Yeah, I'm just a little psycho in that respect. I have no problem being the jackass in the sea of red going nuts for the Shocks.

Comment

For several years I've stayed in ICT till the Friday games are over then get in a hotel from a losing team. Drive up early Saturday and have had success getting scalped tickets. This is a fairly economical way to attend the tournament...one night in St. Louis and cheap tickets. One caveat however, saw the police take a couple of scalpers out in handcuffs last year.

Comment

Everyone knows that ShockerNation is special. But there is an extra oomph when you're on the road with a bunch of fans, and St. Louis is unique in that regard.

Without question, you'll have no trouble spending less than $45 a ticket and getting a decent seat if you choose to go the scalpers way. If you're a single, I'd probably go that route.

But sitting with all the WSU fans in that kind of environment is special to me. I gladly take the chance that I'm overpaying and possibly paying for games I won't watch for the joy of watching our guys compete with other Shocker fans.

I've done both over the years. I like to save money as much as the next guy. It's a no brainer for me.

Comment

Sitting in the middle of the WSU block helps when you stand for defense for the first 10 minutes of a game. They can't force an entire section to sit down.

Comment

You are in for a lot of fun! It's particularly fun if you are sitting with a whole bunch of other Shocker fans -- yelling and cheering together. Last year, the designated WSU seats were kind of at the end of the court, but it was close to the band, the student section (they bring in bus loads of students who traveled all night, but who are still full of energy), and where the coaches and players sit when they come in to watch other games. (Some other game underway, but a big cheer when our guys come in to watch). And all the way there and back, you'll be seeing vehicles with Shocker flags and stickers, and every gas station and convenience store is full of black and yellow. It's a blast!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Everyone knows that ShockerNation is special. But there is an extra oomph when you're on the road with a bunch of fans, and St. Louis is unique in that regard.

Without question, you'll have no trouble spending less than $45 a ticket and getting a decent seat if you choose to go the scalpers way. If you're a single, I'd probably go that route.

But sitting with all the WSU fans in that kind of environment is special to me. I gladly take the chance that I'm overpaying and possibly paying for games I won't watch for the joy of watching our guys compete with other Shocker fans.

I've done both over the years. I like to save money as much as the next guy. It's a no brainer for me.
                              for me its not about saving money its about not sitting in row zzz because I bring buddies from out of town that have no guardian points

Comment

Working...
                              X